Sometimes it is difficult to put our feelings into words. This is when a nice note or letter comes into play. It is often easier to say how we feel on paper than face to face. If you like a guy but are afraid to tell him, don't worry! Write your feelings on a piece of paper and go from there.
Part 1 of 3: Compose the note
Step 1. Be honest about what you want
If you really like this guy, tell him. Find out what you want to achieve with this note. Do you want me to give you his number so that you can send him messages? Ask for his number in your note. Do you want to go out with him after school? Ask him to come to your house to see a movie. Find out what you want to achieve with your note and writing it will become much easier.
- Also be honest with yourself. Don't tell him it's okay if he doesn't like you and that you don't mind being just friends if that's not true. Make sure what you put in your note is true, otherwise you will start off on the wrong foot.
- Also, it's okay to say you don't know what to say. Saying “I don't know how to tell you this, but I really like you” is very adorable and he will be flattered that you are brave enough to try.
Step 2. Structure your note like a poem
There is no right way to tell someone you like them, so you can feel free to be as creative as you want. Try writing a poem to let him know how you feel.
- Your poem doesn't have to rhyme if you don't want to. There are many different types and lengths of poems, so have fun and see which one feels good to you.
- If all else fails, go back to the classics. You can't go wrong with a little "Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is stupid, but I still like you."
Step 3. Use quotes
If you have trouble putting your feelings into words, use someone else's. Include a quote from your favorite movie or book, or add the lyrics to a song that makes you think about it. It doesn't matter what you say as long as he understands the idea that you like him.
Step 4. Praise him
Use your note to express things that you might be embarrassed to say in person. Flatter her hair, her clothes, or her personality; Whatever makes him attractive to you, tell him. Even if he decides that he is not interested in you, he will still appreciate the compliments.
Step 5. Add a private joke
If you and the guy you like are already friends, chances are you have at least one private joke. Include that joke in your note; These details are unique and specific to your relationship, and he will appreciate that you thought about including it.
Step 6. Include a personal gift
Your love letter doesn't have to be just a letter. If you are embarrassed to explain yourself in words, try explaining yourself with a song. Make the guy you like a mixed song CD or a list of all the songs that make you think of him. If you are an artist, draw a picture of the two of you together.
- Whatever you decide to give him, be sure to include some kind of note with your name on it. You don't want to give him a gift and make him guess whose it is.
- The note with your gift does not have to be very detailed. It can be as simple as: "To Jack, from Jill." The gift is what you will explain to yourself, so the accompanying note can be very simple.
Part 2 of 3: Decorate the note
Step 1. Choose your role
Before you can even start writing your letter, you need to decide what stationery to use. Notebook paper is always a safe option, but it is not the only one. If you've recently gone on a trip with your family, use a postcard from that location. Or if you have special stationery that you like a lot, use it.
Step 2. Fold the note into a heart shape
To do this, write your note on a 6 x 6 inch (15 x 15 cm) piece of paper or any square paper. Fold the paper twice so that it is divided into 4 equal quadrants. Fold the top point toward the crease in the center. Bend the bottom tip until it touches the top tip. Fold the right side to the fold in the center, and then do the same with the left side. Flip the heart over and fold the top tips down.
Step 3. Decorate the envelope with stickers or templates
If you are going to pass your note in an envelope, feel free to decorate the envelope as well. You can add stickers or use templates to write the name of the boy you like. If you want to be funny, try cutting out the name of the boy you like using magazine letters and stick them on the envelope to make it look like a ransom note.
- Keep in mind that they might not like stickers as much as you do. Less is generally more when it comes to decorating your note, unless you want the note to look over the top on purpose.
- If the note has a serious tone, it is probably best to keep it simple; just write their name in plain letters on the envelope.
Step 4. Paint the envelope with watercolors
To make your envelope a little more colorful and fun, try painting it. To do this, all you need is your envelope, some paint, and a brush. Try painting wavy lines in different colored stripes.
- When painting, make sure to keep the brush flat and drag it across the surface.
- Let the envelope dry before putting your letter inside.
Part 3 of 3: Pass the note
Step 1. Give him the note in the hallway
If you frequently bump into the guy you like in the hallways, plan to give him the note during that time. You won't have too much time before you have to go to your next class, so you won't have to worry about standing there and talking awkwardly.
- If you are too nervous or anxious to pass the note on your own, give it to a friend to pass it on. Make sure you choose a friend you trust, just in case they decide to read the note and tell others what it says.
- You could also give the grade in class. You will probably be excited to have something else to do (besides concentrating on the lesson and studying, of course). Just make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. You don't want the teacher to find it and confiscate it, or worse, read the note aloud.
Step 2. Put the note in her locker
If you don't want to give the note directly to the guy you like and feel weird asking someone else to do it for you, slide the note through the slots in his locker. Just make sure you put the note in the correct box.
Step 3. Submit the note electronically
If you feel like you won't be able to give your grade at school, try emailing it. Some people believe that email is not romantic, but in reality that is not the case. As long as you are honest and share your feelings, the guy you like won't care how you send it.
You can also send your note as a text message or a Facebook message. Whichever medium you feel most comfortable with, go for it
Step 4. Submit the note anonymously
If you're absolutely convinced that you couldn't send your crush a letter with your name on it, try skipping it. The guy you like won't know who his secret admirer is, but some people like mystery. Just keep in mind that if you really want to aspire to a relationship with the guy you like, you'll have to open up over time.
- Don't give your grade to the guy you like when he's with his friends. You might act differently around them and try to impress them by rejecting you. Better to pass the note in private, if possible.
- Be brave! Exposing yourself can be very scary. Trust that you are doing the right thing and give it a try.