A "gleek" is someone who is absolutely obsessed with the television series "Glee" to the point of being a geek.
Step 1. Dress up like a "gleek"
This includes any type of clothing teens wear to school. Here are some ideas:
- Rachel Berry. This young student's style emphasizes bows, knee-high socks, cardigans, stripes, and flat shoes.
- Tina Cohen-Chang. Tina's gothic style includes black boots, fingerless gloves, and dark hair dyed in many colors.
- Mercedes Jones. This diva loves bold prints, bold colors, skinny jeans, or the occasional feather scarf.
- Quinn Fabray. When Quinn isn't in her cheerleader uniform, you'll see her wearing a pastel-colored dress, jacket, and pastel-colored flats.
- Kurt Hummel. Kurt's style is more elegant than most of the other members of the Glee club. You'll typically see him wearing a button-down shirt, tailored pants, and a matching scarf. She also loves quirky sweaters.
- Finn Hudson. Finn is a sportsman. You will see him always wearing his training shirt or a body jacket with a pair of jeans.
- Noah "Puck" Puckerman. Like Finn, Puck is a jock and dresses accordingly. However, his style is slightly different from Finn's. You'll see him wearing gray or black skinny jeans (though never quite as skinny as Kurt's!) With a button-down or button-down shirt.
Step 2. Obsess over Glee
Don't make plans for the nights the show is on unless your plans include watching the latest episode. Don't tolerate any interruptions while watching the show. Watch the episode a second time within the next twenty-four hours. Watch the episode multiple times throughout the week. Make your family and friends obsess over the series too!
Step 3. Let the world be your stage
Whether you're doing homework or hanging out with your friends, look for any opportunity to sing along.
Have a varied list of music on your iPod or mp3. You must know Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and Madonna very well and know the songs of Broadway musicals like Wicked and Les Misérables. It is also important to meet Journey, Victor Victoria and Queen
Step 4. Talk to other people about the characters, even if they are not "gleeks" like you
Quote your favorite characters. You can always reply to someone by quoting a good line from Glee
Step 5. Meet the actors
To be a true "gleek", you must not only know the lives of the characters, but also that of the actors. Follow them on Twitter or find information about them online and in magazines.
Step 6. Decorate your room with Glee stuff, like posters, photos, and music chips of your favorite songs
Take a picture of yourself making the "loser" gesture. It's fun and easy to do! In addition, it is an essential item for any "gleek"
Step 7. Have fun
To be a "gleek", the essential thing is to love the series.
- The true "gleek" take the show very seriously, although you must remember that it is only a television series. Some follow the characters as if they were their friends!
- If for any reason you missed the last episode, don't worry! Go to Hulu.com and you can watch it there. Enjoy!
- Don't always respond to people with Glee quotes. It may get trite or have nothing to do with the conversation.
- Don't talk too much about Glee. Those who do not like the series may find it annoying or they will think that you are only doing it to get attention.
- Be careful when imitating Kirt Hummel. While this is absolutely fantastic (yes, whoever writes this is also a "gleek"), your schoolmates may not be fully accepting of the LGBT community yet. You may be teased or harassed for this reason.