Talking like Donald Duck can be a great trick to impress your friends and make kids laugh. The character of Donald Duck is over 80 years old and his voice is immediately recognizable to people of all ages around the world. The key to achieving a great impression of Donald Duck is to perfect your voice and use some of your signature quotes or sayings. Anyone can do it, it just takes a lot of practice to master the technique.
Method 1 of 2: Sound like Donald Duck
Step 1. Place your tongue on the roof of the mouth
Open your teeth slightly. Position your tongue so that the top lightly touches the roof of your mouth.
Step 2. Turn your tongue slightly to the right or left
Choose the direction that is most comfortable for you. Place the side of your tongue slightly within the space between your upper and lower teeth.
Step 3. Press your tongue
Push your tongue against the inside of your teeth on the side of your mouth. Use enough pressure so that the tongue stays in contact with the teeth but keep it loose enough so that you can push the air between your tongue and teeth.
Step 4. Vibrate your tongue
Blow air and direct it towards the cheek where your tongue is. Use your cheek to push air through the space behind your teeth or between your teeth and your tongue. When you push the air in correctly, you will hear a high-pitched, hoarse sound.
- Try pushing the air through different spaces between your tongue and teeth until you find a good spot. It may be difficult to produce the sound consistently at first, but keep trying. Mastering this voice will require strengthening certain muscles in your mouth that you are not used to using to speak.
- Be patient. It took the actor who currently plays Donald Duck a full year of training to get the voice right.
Step 5. Form words as you would with your own voice
You must do most of the work to change your voice with your mouth, not your vocal cords. If you feel any pain in your throat, you should take a break. Talking like Donald Duck, especially trying a long tirade, takes a lot of air and can make you feel dizzy. Even the actor who plays Donald Duck needs a break after a long tirade so make sure you don't overdo it.
- To make the angry Donald Duck sound, make the normal Donald Duck sound, but shake your head so that your cheeks flutter and vibrate the sound.
- Some letters are easier to say than others. For example, when Donald Duck says the word "ready", it sounds like "wisto". Changes in the pronunciation of letters will naturally come as a limitation of speaking with your voice.
Method 2 of 2: Use Donald Duck Quotes
Step 1. Use expressions from Donald Duck
One of its most common expressions is "Carambolas!" and can be heard in most of his dialogues. It can be added to the beginning of most sentences and can express a wide range of emotions.
She continually uses some of Donald's other favorite phrases, such as "get out of here," "bullshit," and "doomed." Donald Duck also likes to ask the question "What are you up to?"
Step 2. Throw a lot of tantrums
Donald Duck is a duck known for his bad temper and who gets angry about anything. Strive to produce angry Donald Duck sounds. Try making an angry squawk when doing the voice of Donald Duck.
Step 3. Modulate your voice like Donald Duck
Donald Duck speaks in an animated way. Listen to some audio clips of Donald Duck and pay attention to the modulation and pitch of his voice. When excited, you tend to speak faster in a much higher pitch. When you are sad, your tone becomes lower and you speak slower.
Video. By using this service, some information could be shared with YouTube
- Some words are harder to say than others. Try words like "Hello" and "What?" (he would pronounce "Hello" as "Howa").
- Experiment with different positions of the mouth, tongue, and lips.
- Don't try to use your real voice. Notice that when people imitate Donald Duck's voice, they sound the same, whether they are women or men. This is because they don't use their real voice.
- Practice, practice, practice! Everyone can do it, you just have to learn.
- Make sure to stay hydrated. This doesn't work as well with a dry mouth
- You may feel dizzy. If so, take a break.
- You may also have a sore throat, so take it easy.