Do you want to look like Harry Potter's sweet, well-meaning, but incredibly witty and intelligent friend, Hermione Granger? This article will teach you how to become an acceptable imitation of this beloved character from the Harry Potter series.
Step 1. Curl your hair to look full, as Hermione's hair is often described
In the movies, Hermione's hair ranges from wavy to curly, but it is genuinely curly and bushy in the books. Any naturally curly hair will do. Whether your natural hair is wavy or has large, spiral curls, it will be fine. Stay natural! If your hair is not curly and you don't like the idea of using heat to style it, then try the following methods:
Step 2. Create a wavy look for the hair
After showering, leave your hair slightly damp and divide it into sections. Twist each section into little bows and sleep this way. You will wake up with pretty waves in your hair.
Step 3. Make braids
Divide your wet hair into a few sections (with more sections if you have thick hair) and braid it. You can sleep with the braids or keep them for half a day. The result will be pretty waves.
- Curlers can also give you nice Hermione hair.
- You can also dye your hair light brown and wear brown contact lenses if your hair and eyes are not dark.
- As a last resort, in the last movie, Hermione has her hair braided, so just a braid resting on your back will be fine.
Step 4. Imitate their way of dressing
Fashion is not something Hermione cares about, as she is more interested in books than her looks. However, that doesn't mean that you can look scruffy. Just remember to keep things neat, simple, and modest.
Step 5. Work on your school uniform
This consists of a dark V-neck sweater, a white collared shirt with the Gryffindor tie, a pleated skirt, socks or leggings, Mary Jane shoes (also known as “Mary Janes”), a black cape, and a magician's robe.. The first and second year uniforms are gray; later, they are black. You may want to add a Gryffindor hat and scarf in the house colors (gold and red), which you could knit on your own. If you wish, you can add a prefect badge.
Step 6. Get a casual dress
Because Howarts is quite cold, Hermione opts to wear warm clothing when dressing as a Muggle. This includes heavy coats, jackets, striped or patterned knits, jeans, corderoy pants, cargo pants or chinos, and a good pair of athletic shoes. You can also imitate Emma Watson's wardrobe from the movies by wearing sweaters, hoodies, and chinos that are cute and classic in style.
Step 7. Try on formal dresses
For elegant occasions, Hermione straightens her hair and curls the ends. Make sure your hair has a lot of volume. This will have the same effect as Sleekeazy's Straightening Potion Hermione uses. She also wears elaborate dresses for special events. In the fourth year, Hermione attended the Christmas ball in a periwinkle dress. In the movie the dress is dusty pink. In the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, she wears a light purple dress for Bill and Fleur's wedding; in the movie, she wears a red dress.
Step 8. Look just right for bedtime
Wear a long nightgown with a light-colored robe and a pair of slippers, or a plain tank top and pants with slippers and a robe.
Step 9. Use little makeup and keep it natural
Hermione doesn't care much about your appearance, so remember that it is your personality that counts, regardless of what you wear or how you look. However, a light foundation, lip balm, natural-colored eyeshadow, and mascara can make your features pop without looking over the top. Hermione also has shapely eyebrows. You can use a brow brush and gel to get this look.
Step 10. Bring along some books that you are reading (or have not yet returned to the library) in a tan bag
You could even include Quidditch Through Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, or The Tales of Beedle the Bard, all of which have been published (or you could just make fake covers).
Step 11. Get some kind of wand
Hermione's wand (before it was stolen) was made of vine wood and a dragon heart fiber core, and it was quite dark. You can use a twig as a wand, make one out of clay, paint a pencil, or use whatever you want.
Step 12. Consider adopting a cat
Preferably a large, long-haired cat with a flat face to resemble Hermione's cat, Crookshanks. Crookshanks is a red-haired Persian, but those cats can be expensive. You can also bring a stuffed cat that looks the same.
Step 13. Use accessories
You can wear a SPEW brooch, a puffy “house elf” beanie hat, or a gold chain with a small hourglass charm (to represent the time turner).
- If you want to buy a Hermione-style outfit, but are short on cash, check out local thrift stores. The idea of wearing recycled clothing may make you uncomfortable, but it will save you a lot of money and, as a bonus, it helps the environment (something Hermione would do).
- If you don't want to spend a lot of money on outfits, just put on a long-sleeved wool shirt, a black robe, and maybe even an old tie. She also wore a gray skirt and socks.
- You can watch the movies and read the books to get more information. In the later films Hermione has red hair, but in the earlier films her hair is brown. To achieve this, you can dye your hair or wear a wig.
- Think about the colors Hermione uses in the movie and incorporate them into your wardrobe.
- Wear things like plain sweaters and jeans, and pin your hair back.
- You may want to brush your hair a lot to make it curly and voluminous like Hermione's.
- Hermione is quite a polite and mature girl. She has good posture, which makes her feel confident and empowered.
- Hermione talks a lot with her eyebrows, so be sure to do the same if you want to have Hermione's look.
- Try signing up for a knitting class if you don't know how to knit. Alternatively, you can ask someone to teach you.
- Brush your hair horizontally while it is dry. This will not make it curl, it will just make it look bulky. If you have naturally curly hair, it is the perfect combination.
- You never dye your hair without your parents' approval.
- You probably want to reserve dressing in the Hogwarts uniform for special occasions, like Harry Potter movie premieres and costume parties.
- For an everyday look you can go for a button-down shirt (preferably white), a gray or black skirt, and Mary Jane style shoes. You don't have to wear your tie all the time.