Is your favorite character from My Little Pony Friendship is Fluttershy? Would you like to be like her? Well, with some helpful tips and some dedication, you can be!
Part 1 of 2: Act like Fluttershy
Step 1. Be sweet, kind, and courteous
Don't forget to use phrases like "please" and "thank you." Help your friends always and keep a cool head, even when someone bothers you. Fluttershy has a short temper, but it takes a lot to piss her off. The most important thing of all is to be kind, after all Fluttershy represents the element of Kindness.
- Fluttershy perceives beauty in everyone and everything. She gives "everyone" a chance, even Discord.
- Fluttershy gives kind opinions, especially if she thinks the truth will hurt her friends' feelings. However, she is telling the truth if someone pushes her hard enough.
Step 2. Speak in a low and soft voice
This is the Fluttershy trait that stands out the most. When Twilight Sparkle met her, she had a hard time listening to what Fluttershy was saying. When you speak, do so in a low voice, as if you were talking to a cute little forest animal that you don't want to scare.
- Fluttershy talks very softly to people she doesn't know. Speak in a more normal voice when you are with those you trust or are close to.
- Fluttershy's giggle and sneeze are also very soft.
Step 3. Act shy instead of outgoing
When Fluttershy gets too much attention, she feels uncomfortable. She would be the last to venture out and volunteer. Try to contain yourself and not speak unless they ask you something. Here are other ideas for acting shy:
- Keep your hands close, either crossed in your lap or clasped around the neck. These are common poses for Fluttershy in the Girls of Equestria movies.
- Play with your hair, like people do when they are nervous. Fluttershy does it frequently in Girls of Equestria.
- Don't get involved in scary things like haunted houses and horror movies. Fluttershy doesn't like them either!
Step 4. Act gracefully
In the season 1 episode "Green with Envy," Rarity mentions that she likes Fluttershy's grace and beauty. It doesn't matter if you stumble once or twice, but generally try to have some grace. Make movements that are fluid (like a dancer's) and not sudden or abrupt (like a martial artist's).
You could take some dance classes if you have a hard time acting gracefully
Step 5. You must like animals and you must be kind to them
If you can, help out at animal shelters and have some pets of your own. Animals are Fluttershy's top priority, as she likes to take care of them.
- You can volunteer at your local pet shelter.
- Get some notebooks, folders, and pencil cases with cute animals.
- If you have a pet, hang a picture of it in your locker or bedroom.
Step 6. Don't be afraid to be feminine
Despite her love of animals and nature, Fluttershy actually knows quite a bit about fashion, or at least sewing, as you can see in several episodes, including "Dressed for Success" from season 1. She is also the partner of Rarity's spa, and enjoys indulging herself, as she does in the Season 1 episode "Green with Envy." Fluttershy, unlike Rarity, chooses the simple options, however.
- Pick something basic when you go for a manicure or pedicure. Let your fashion-loving friend pamper herself with mud wraps and rose petal foot baths.
- Learn to sew.
Step 7. Try to sing, but only when no one else is around or when you are around animals
Fluttershy loves to sing, but she hates to brag, which is a shame, as she has a beautiful voice. She is very shy, so she only sings when she is alone or with her animal friends. Try to sing something soft and sweet, nothing that is too loud, fast, or energetic.
Step 8. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself
Fluttershy often has a hard time defending herself. This is one of Fluttershy's flaws, and you shouldn't try to replicate it. Frequently, the other ponies bully Fluttershy and force her to do things she doesn't want to do. Many of her episodes end with Fluttershy learning to defend herself. They also end with their friends learning that it is not okay to force others to do things they don't want to.
- Learn from the mistakes Fluttershy and her friends make. Fluttershy's shyness and introversion aren't bad, but it's also good to stand up for yourself and know how to say "No."
- Fluttershy has gotten better at defending herself as the series progresses.
Part 2 of 2: Look Like Fluttershy
Step 1. Wear loose, flowing outfits
Fluttershy associates with airy, fluttering, and natural things. You can give yourself an air of Fluttershy by wearing anything that is fluid, billowy, and loose. This does not mean that all the clothes you wear should be baggy. For example, you could pair a billowy skirt with a feminine shirt. Here are some clothing styles that will make you look like Fluttershy:
- Peasant blouses and shirts with loose sleeves.
- Long and flowing skirts.
- Petal hem skirts.
- Other boho or bohemian styles.
Step 2. Dress in lots of pastel yellow or light green garments
Fluttershy's colors are yellow and pink. But to dress up for special occasions like the Grand Galloping Gala, the shy, animal-loving pony also likes to wear green clothes. Her Equestria Girls counterpart also wears green.
Step 3. You can use a little light makeup, especially if it is a special night
Fluttershy is somewhat feminine, and her Equestria Girls counterpart is one of the few girls to wear eyeshadow. Choose a soft look with pastel colors, such as: pink, light green or light blue. Fluttershy also has long eyelashes that make her look like a doll. You could use mascara that lengthens your lashes.
Make sure to ask your parents for permission first if you are a minor
Step 4. Apply a little light pink to your hair
It's the color of Fluttershy's mane and tail. You don't have to dye your hair pink if you don't want to. You can even put on some pink ribbons or highlights.
- Don't wear bright or dark pinks. Try to wear something soft, like light pink, pastel pink, soft pink, very light pink, or even bubblegum pink.
- You can apply some hair chalk. It washes away easily and doesn't stick to hair like color setting spray.
- You can wear pink clip extensions.
Step 5. Wear your hair long, loose and parted to the side
If you have straight hair, try to create soft waves. In this way, your hair will look more "wavy". You can wear a simple pink clip with a butterfly or a dainty flower crown if you like.
Step 6. Add some butterflies or flowers to the style, use pink especially
Fluttershy's Cutie Mark is three pink butterflies. For a Fluttershy vibe, add a pink butterfly patch or two to your jeans, skirt, or backpack. Many of Fluttershy's styles also include yellow or blue flowers. She usually has them in her hair or sewn as decorations along the hem or neck of her dress.
- Remember, you don't have to do everything in this article. The most important part of being like Fluttershy is being nice. After all, she is the Element of Goodness.
- Fluttershy loves tea parties. Every now and then, throw a quiet little tea party with your dearest friend. Make sure to throw a simple party that isn't too fancy or fancy.
- Fluttershy knows a lot about fashion and how to make clothes. However, unlike Rarity, she is not obsessed with her, and does not tend to groom herself.
- Fluttershy is reserved and refined. He likes simple and natural things.
- Fluttershy is Rarity's spa buddy, and she likes to treat herself from time to time. However, unlike Rarity, Fluttershy chooses the simplest and selects the simplest packages.
- Fluttershy loves to sing, but only when she is with her animal friends. It's a shame, because she has a beautiful voice.
- Whenever you can, help your friends and donate to the poor.
- Never try to help people if they don't need it. They might think you are a weird person.
- When you make a mistake, apologize repeatedly.