You have several options if you want to create the illusion that you have breasts. For the quickest and easiest solution, you can use a padded bra and fill it with socks or tissue paper. Another great option is to wear 2 bras at the same time. If you like cosplay, you can create realistic looking fake breasts and repurpose them for different costumes. Instead of buying or ordering a pair of fake breasts, you can make them yourself. The process is quite simple and profitable.
Part 1 of 4: Use Simple Items
Step 1. Wear a bra and fill the cups with socks
Choose a bra that already has a little padding to help you hide the padding in the sock. Fold 1 sock until it is about the size of the bra cup. Then, put on your bra, pick it up with your hand, and lift it up. Position the sock at the bottom of the bra cup, under your chest. Then do the same to form the other breast.
- You should use 1 sock per breast. You can choose thicker or thinner socks to adapt the size. If you want to make your breasts bigger, you should wear thick socks. If you just want a little lift, you can use skinny socks or ankle socks.
- You should choose socks made of a soft material so that they do not rub against your skin.
Step 2. Stuff a bra with tissue paper or toilet paper
This is one of the simplest and cheapest solutions. Unroll the desired amount of paper and fold it to make it look smooth. Lift the bra off your chest and layer the paper in. Make sure to place the paper deep inside the cups of the bra to prevent it from spilling out when you move.
- Remember that socks are better for padding as they are less likely to fall off. However, the tissue paper will suffice if you are in a hurry.
- You should wear a bra with a little padding to hide the tissue paper you add.
Step 3. Wear 2 bras at the same time
Choose 2 padded bras with molded cups that fit relatively well. Put on your bra as you normally would and then put the second one right on top of it. Adjust the suspenders and bands as needed so that everything looks as smooth as possible under clothing.
- For a more even look, you should wear a strapless bra underneath a regular bra. However, 2 normal strap bras can work very well. You can also use 2 strapless bras.
- This technique is a great option if you are a man trying to create realistic-looking breasts for cosplay, or if your chest is too small to fill the bra effectively.
Step 4. Place silicone enhancement pads inside the bra cups
You can find these items at lingerie stores or order them online in a variety of sizes. Insert 1 of the silicone pads into the bra cup. If you have double-sided tape on hand, you can use it to keep the pad firm inside your bra and against your body. Simply cut a small piece, place it on the pad, and then glue it to the bra. Once you've inserted both pads, you should adjust the bra straps as needed until everything feels comfortable.
You can choose a padded bra to create a soft look and hide the lines of the lift pads
Part 2 of 4: Create a Cosplay Breast Base
Step 1. Get 2 pairs of bra cups from a fabric store
For best results, you should look for them oversized or oversized. Make sure they have no wires inside and that they are white. Then cover them with several layers of pantyhose so they have a nice base color. If you wear black or brown pantyhose, you may have a hard time getting a uniform color in the end.
Step 2. Glue 2 bra cups together to form a larger breast
Place both cups of the left bra together. Make sure the cups are facing the same direction, then slide them a little so that the bottom of one rests in the center of the other. Once you are happy with the shape of the breast, you should secure both cups with fabric glue, hot glue, or super glue.
- You should repeat this procedure for the correct set of bra cups.
- Set the glasses aside once you are done.
Step 3. Cut out some pantyhose to make flat sheets
Get four to five pairs of oversized pantyhose that match your skin tone. You should cut off the legs and the toe part. Then cut each leg along one of the seams to make a flat sheet. Discard the toes and butt or waist (or save for another project).
- You are going to need at least seven pairs of pantyhose for this project. The bigger they are, the better.
- Some types of pantyhose have control surfaces that extend down to the thighs. These are darker than the rest of the material. You need to cut below this level.
Step 4. Place one of the pantyhose sheets over one of the cups
Wrap the edges of the pantyhose sheet over the edges of the cup. Attach the pantyhose to the bottom of the cup with a quick-drying glue as you go. You should tighten the pantyhose on the breast so as not to leave empty spaces. Don't worry if the end result looks transparent.
- Hot glue works especially well for this step because of how quickly it sets.
- Start working on one end of the pantyhose. This way, you will likely have enough left over to cover the other breast.
Step 5. Cut off excess pantyhose with fabric scissors
Wait for the glue to dry first (if necessary), then flip the cup over. Trim excess pantyhose as close to the glue line as possible. Once you're done, you need to repeat the whole process for the other glass.
- If you have pantyhose from the first cup, you can use them for the second. However, you need to make sure that the bra cup does not show through the pantyhose.
- Save the remaining sheets of pantyhose for later.
Part 3 of 4: Assembling the Bust
Step 1. Outline the top of a T-shirt on a sheet of white craft foam
Tuck the sleeves inside the shirt first, so the edges are nice and curved for the armholes. Lay the shirt on the foam. Line around the shirt (along with the armholes) stopping a few inches below each armpit. This will be the base for the bust.
- If you can't find craft foam, you can use thin, flexible cardboard. Just make sure they are white.
- Try to play it safe and add a few extra inches to the top of your shoulders.
Step 2. Cut the bust
You must try it on your own chest. The top edges should wrap over the shoulders. The bottom edge should extend a few inches beyond the armpit.
Don't worry if you wrap everything around your torso
Step 3. Glue the cups to the lower part of the bust
Make sure the cups touch each other in the center (to form the neckline). The top edges of the cups should be just below the armpit of the bust. The lower edges are likely to hang over the lower edge of the bust.
The thinnest part of the breasts should point upwards. The thickest and fullest part should point down
Step 4. Cut off the excess bust behind the cups
Once the glue dries, you need to flip the bust over. Trim the excess until you can see the inside of each cup again. In this way, you will make the breasts more comfortable to use, especially if you are a girl.
Part 4 of 4: Finishing the cosplay breasts
Step 1. Glue sheets of pantyhose along the breasts
Place a sheet of pantyhose along the breasts. Find the center of the long top edge and glue it to the center of the bust neck. Only one drop will be necessary. Stretch the bottom edge of the pantyhose sheet across the bottom edge of both breasts and glue it to the inside edge of each breast.
- For a neater finish, you should glue the pantyhose at the bottom of the neck and not at the front. You should start with the outer edges first and then work your way to the bottom and inner edges (of the neckline).
- Hot glue is recommended for this section due to how quickly it sets.
Step 2. Continue wrapping the pantyhose around your breasts
You should work little by little and wrap the pantyhose around the outer edge of the bust and glue them at the bottom. Make sure to cover the entire neck, shoulders, armholes, and sides.
The cover will be very transparent, so the bust may be deformed. Don't worry if this happens
Step 3. Add five more layers of pantyhose
You should use the same technique as before and add five more layers of pantyhose sheets to the breasts and bust. Make sure there are no gaps or holes, otherwise your skin tone will look uneven. With each layer you add, you will notice that the color becomes darker and more consistent.
Step 4. Add structures or supports to the back of the bust
The pantyhose cover is likely to cause the bust to curve or deform. You should flip the bust and measure from the top of the shoulder to the top of the breast. Cut a piece of thin cardboard according to that measurement and then glue it to the back of the bust. Make sure it is not visible from the front.
- You must repeat this procedure for the other shoulder and breast.
- You can also use a plastic, feather, or thermoplastic (worbla) holder.
Step 5. Glue elastic over the shoulders and sides of the bust
Cut 4 equal pieces of elastic. Use hot glue to glue 2 of the pieces over each shoulder of the bust. Glue the other 2 pieces to the sides of the bust, just below the armpits.
- If the costume is light in color, you should use a white elastic.
- If you are a woman, you can glue an old bra inside the bust.
Step 6. Add small backpack buckles or velcro to the end of each elastic
You can use hot glue, but it would be better if you attach the elastic tape to the buckles or velcro. You must cross the elastic of the left shoulder to the one of the right breast and the elastic of the right shoulder to the left breast. If necessary, you should first trim the elastic so that it is short enough to accomplish this procedure.
If you are wearing an old bra, you can skip this procedure
Step 7. Try on your bust
Place your bust on your chest. Cross the elastics over your back in an X shape and connect them together (with the velcro). Put the costume on and adjust it until it fits over your fake breasts naturally. If necessary, you can use makeup to match your skin tone to that of your breasts. You can also use accessories such as scarves or necklaces and place them carefully.
If you placed your bust over an old bra, it should be worn like a normal bra
- You can use stretch fabrics in a color that matches your skin tone.
- Use watercolors or diluted acrylics to add some hues and highlights.
- You should purchase additional supplies in case you screw up.
- You can use some accessories to hide the seam lines.
- First you need to make the fake breasts and then the costume.