Whether you want to go to a costume party, play a live role-playing game, or try a new fad, you'll need to wear some dark makeup and improvise! When it comes to acting like a vampire, there are many nuances depending on the particular character you want to portray. If you want to act like a vampire, you will need to know your character, take some time to put on your makeup properly, and put on a dark and menacing outfit!
Method 1 of 4: Dress Up Like a Vampire
Step 1. Wear dark-colored and red-hued clothing
Vampires prefer dark colored clothing, such as the black silk cape that Count Dracula wears. However, they often enhance dark colors by wearing something red, as in the case of Marceline the Vampire Queen, who wears red boots alongside a gray T-shirt and skinny jeans.
- Typically, vampires wear dark clothing (usually black) with slightly lighter attire (for example, red, white, or gray).
- Dye your hair dark on both the top and bottom.
- Wear red boots with attitude.
- Wear a gray T-shirt and put something else on it in case it's cold.
- If you are playing a live role-playing game, check with the organizers to see if there are any indications regarding the costumes.
Step 2. Choose a vintage style
If you want to look like a vintage-style vampire like Count Dracula, look for some images of traditional vampire outfits. Since the Victorian era has a great influence, you should wear a traditional dark-colored outfit, such as a men's three-piece suit.
- If you plan to dress up as a male vampire, you will definitely need a cape, vest, and perhaps a tuxedo.
- If, on the other hand, you will dress like a vampire, you will probably need an elegant dress, a belt and a capelet.
Step 3. Try a burlesque look
You can combine burlesque art with vampire art. For example, at a Halloween party, actress Heidi Klum wore a spiderweb-like cape with a bleeding heart on her corset. To achieve this look, you will need to wear red lipstick, eyeliner, heels, and red nails. You could also wear a cobweb cape and tall red boots!
Vampire clothing is generally sexy, so you could try a burlesque look
Step 4. Put on your fangs
Use some vampire fangs to show that you are committed to your character! You can find them at almost every costume store and even at "all for a dollar" stores. Put them on after you've done your makeup.
Step 5. If you want to look like Dracula, wear a cape
A large cape is a traditional item in vampire costumes, especially for Dracula. You can find it in costume stores, especially if Halloween is coming up, and also on the Internet.
- In case you don't have a royal cape, you can wear a long, puffy or billowy coat.
- If you want to wear a fancy vampire dress, use black bat or spider-shaped pins for a nice touch.
Method 2 of 4: Applying Vampire Makeup
Step 1. Apply a white base
Soak a sponge or makeup brush in a white base, and pull your hair back so it doesn't get in the way. Then, apply foundation all over your face, as well as your ears and neck.
You can also apply a light gold eyeshadow under your eyes
Step 2. Paint dark, pointed eyebrows
Use a white eyeliner pencil to erase the outer edges of your brows. Cover every last millimeter of your eyebrows, where they curve around the eye sockets. Then use a micro-paint brush to draw vampire eyebrows. Now, soak the brush with black paint and paint the outer part of the eyebrows so that they end in a rising point.
Step 3. Paint a widow's beak over your eyes
You can use a black makeup pencil or a brush with a black foundation. Draw a widow's peak above your eyes, so that it looks like you have very dark, pointed eyebrows.
Step 4. Apply red eyeliner to your eyelids
Use a small brush to apply red eyeliner to your lids, focusing mainly on the edges of the lids so that you have a hint of red in your eyes. Then, paint your lashes with black mascara.
- Wear enough eye makeup to achieve a sensual and mysterious look, but not enough to resemble someone who lost a fight.
- While some vampires like to wear black eyeshadow, others prefer neutral colors.
- You can apply bright green eyeshadow to the corners of your eyes.
Step 5. Paint your lips a blood red color
Red or crimson lips are essential for a vampire, as they give the appearance that they have just fed on fresh blood. Use your favorite lipstick (preferably a dark shade) and apply it to your lips.
Girls can wear red or purple lipstick to achieve the right effect, while guys can go for lip tint or fake blood to get the same look
Step 6. Paint some tears that fall from your eyes
Apply black makeup with a fine brush. Paint lines that run down from your eyes in a spider web, and then use red paint to make small tears at the bottom of the lines.
Step 7. Paint blood that falls from your lips
If you want to imply that you have recently drunk blood, paint a little dripping from your mouth. To do this, you can use a thin brush and red makeup.
You can also use fake blood
Method 3 of 4: Act in a Live RPG
Step 1. Determine which vampire you want to represent
If you're taking part in a live role-playing game, you've probably already been assigned a particular vampire to play. However, if the event is more open, you may need to choose a specific character. If you are not sure which vampire you could represent, look for inspiration in some books or movies about vampires, such as:
- The Vampire by John William Polidori
- Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- The Vampire Chronicles of Anne Rice
- TV shows like Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Angel or The Vampire Diaries.
- vampire films such as Nosferatu, the vampire Interview with the vampire, The lost boys, Blade, Vampires, by John Carpenter or From twilight to dawn.
Step 2. Be “unfair” as a vampire and “fair” as a player
During live RPG, you must always have a reason to do something against another character. Make sure you play fairly and avoid cheating. However, you should have fun playing the vampire role, which means that you can be cruel or "unfair", either by sucking blood or killing another character.
Step 3. Highlight your character's narcissism
Vampires are generally depicted as narcissistic or selfish beings. To highlight this characteristic, walk with an aura of authority, keeping your shoulders back and your head held high.
- You should only be interested in talking about yourself.
- You should only be encouraged during your own speeches. If someone else dares to say something, you should adopt an expression of boredom and disdain.
- Every time someone who does not approve of you speaks, you should adopt an expression of disdain and contempt.
Step 4. Find out about your character
By knowing your character, you can quickly react to other players in the game. You can also improvise and have fun!
- For example, your character probably has the ability to heal quickly. Vampires can be on the brink of total destruction only to be resurrected and restored to their former glory with the help of a few drops of blood.
- Speak in low voice. As shown in vampire movies, a typical trait of them is the low voice in which they speak.
Method 4 of 4: Behaving Like a Vampire
Step 1. Practice a penetrating gaze
If your inspiration comes from a movie like Dracula, you must develop a penetrating gaze. To start, you will need to look directly at people. To achieve this effect, you must practice until you stare without blinking for a seemingly longer time than is humanly possible.
Don't be surprised if others consider you a "lunatic" rather than a perceptive person. This look is hard to pull off, as you can sometimes look dazed instead of intense
Step 2. Act like you hate sunlight
If someone opens the curtains or forces you to walk during the day, hiss and cover your face with your protective layer. You should also say that you have photosensitivity and a propensity to sunburn.
Vampires are never completely comfortable during the day. However, when night falls, you can relax and revert to that usual spunky personality. Remember that you are the master (or mistress) of the night
Step 3. Keep a serious attitude
Vampires are not known for having a cheerful and fun personality. They are rather serious and contemplative, and do not have the time or patience for frivolity. As seen in the movies, a vampire must be introverted, gloomy, shy, and silent.
Vampires don't laugh either. If you're going to laugh, go for a dark laugh or a snort of fun
- Study famous vampires in books, television, and movies. The vilified and revered vampires come from books, television, and historical tales.
- Research vampire myths and legends. Read popular tales about vampires, as well as information gathered about supposedly "real" vampires. These characters, whose ritual crimes or abnormal behavior inspire fear in their communities, often emerge frequently throughout history.
- Try to hide it a bit otherwise people will think you are crazy.
- Do not go through life "biting" people, as it is offensive, dangerous and ridiculously extreme.
- Don't go killing people for their blood either. Just don't do it.
- If heavy makeup is prohibited at your school or work, wear this look for nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This article talks about how to play a role-playing game or wear a vampire costume. It is not about performing acts related to bloodlust or creating vampire cults, actions that can be perverted at best and possibly criminal.
- Avoid starting fights because of your vampire "beliefs". Be mature.
- Always remove makeup before bed to give your skin a break.
- Some people who consider themselves vampires actually drink human blood. They call themselves "bloodthirsty" and claim that they only consume fresh blood from consenting adults. What is actually happening is that drinking someone's blood is unsanitary and potentially dangerous to your health, as it can spread diseases such as HIV and AIDS. Depending on the origin of the blood, you may be committing a crime or end up in a mental institution.
- Avoid spreading rumors about people who suck blood, cut throats, etc. That is a form of bullying and it is detrimental to the reputation of others.