Are you interested in representing your favorite supernatural being at an anime convention or on Halloween? So try making your own Slender Man costume! Recreating the look of the Slender Man is easy to do and very compelling.
Step 1. Recreate her elongated body
The Slender Man is known for having an incredibly long body. To recreate it, you can wear stilts or platform shoes to give yourself some height. Make sure these options will not throw you off balance or put you in danger before using them.
Step 2. Create the illusion of a white body
The first step in creating the Slender Man's appearance is to mimic his white body. It is known for having a completely smooth body without bumps. There are a number of ways to create this look besides simply painting your body white.
- Wear a latex suit. These full body suits are made from a thin stretchy material. You may remember seeing sports fans wearing these suits in their team colors, but you can buy a white one for your Slender Man suit.
- Wear white veiled stockings on your head and face. The material is thick enough to give the appearance smooth (your features won't be too defined) and thin enough that you can breathe.
- You can wear a mask that is completely white in addition to white gloves. Although the real Slender Man has no hole for the eyes, you can glue a white cloth on the inside of the mask so that you can see and not break the illusion of smoothness on Slender Man's face.
Step 3. Get the perfect outfit
Slender Man always comes out in a black suit. On top of your white body costume, put on a collared shirt and black suit. Pair it with a black tie and you're good to go.
Step 4. Make the tentacles
Sometimes the Slender Man is shown with black tentacles protruding from his back. Although you can make a great costume without the tentacles (since they only pop out once in a while), you can make the perfect costume by including them. You'll have to make them from scratch, so set aside some time to make them.
- Use a foam tube (those toy tubes to use in water) and thread a wire into them to create your tentacles. Cut wire to the length you want and shape it into the shape you want your tentacle to be. Then cut the tubes into several strips about 5 or 7 centimeters thick and glue them to the wire, glue them to the wire with hot glue. You can sharpen the tips with scissors after gluing them to the wire.
- Wrap the wire in black duct tape, then bend it to shape. To add thickness, wrap the wire in cloth, which will fill in when you put the black tape on top.
- Make tentacles out of baked clay. This is a type of children's play dough that is incredibly lightweight and dries in the air after a few days. Shape the putty into a tentacle and let it air out for some time. Then spray black paint on it to make it look like Slender Man's tentacles.
- Attach them to the inside of the suit or sew them inside. This is under the assumption that your suit jacket is for disguise only and no one will use it for anything else once it becomes part of your costume.
Step 5. Finish your costume
Wear as ordinary black shoes and black socks as possible to finish the bottom of the costume. Make sure that the tentacles are well attached to the costume and that everything is perfect in the costume. Once you have covered all these aspects, congratulations, because you are now the Slender Man!