Ah, Gryffindor. You just love this house. Harry was in it, as were Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Why can't you be there too? Nobody stops you. Most of the main cast of Harry Potter were in Gryffindor, and you can continue reading about how to be a true Gryffindor! Follow these steps for a real Gryffindor result.
Step 1. Become a member of the Gryffindor house
Step 2. On the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone DVD, you may find that if you put it on your computer, you can be classified by the Sorting Hat
Cross your fingers for me to say Gryffindor.
Step 3. Sign up for Pottermore (http://www.pottermore.com) and go to Chapter 7, where you can try on the Sorting Hat and answer a few simple questions to find your home
Again, cross your fingers!
Step 4. Correct anyone who misspells the word Gryffindor
It's a disgrace for Gryffindor members everywhere. Most non-Harry Potter fans will spell it as Grieffindoer, Griffindoer or, the most common mistake, Griffindor. Politely correct them and for those who are HP fans, add: "I thought you should know."
Step 5. Research Godric Gryffindor (founder of the house)
Look it up on Wikipedia and the HP Wiki. You'll also find interesting facts to help you on your way to a Gryffindor lifestyle.
Step 6. Remember:
Scarlet and gold, to the end! You can substitute yellow for gold, but it will look half HufflepuffBut here we talk about Gryffindor. Look for scarlet and gold scarves, gloves, and shoes. Wear a black robe as a uniform and as a finishing touch, add a Gryffindor badge (available from the Harry Potter website) to your uniform.
Step 7. Speak like Gryffindor
Since this is Hogwarts, most Gryffindor members have an accent British, so try to practice it. Unless you're trying to be Seamus, in which case you'll have to speak with an accent Irish. Use slang words.
Step 8. Remember your manners
Most Gryffindor members are educated, serious and a little modest. Have you seen Harry? Open doors for people, help old women to cross the street. You may look a bit effeminate, but it's better than being a bully (if you're a bully, you'll be better off at Slytherin).
Step 9. Remember your courage, too
Most Gryffindor members are brave (except Peter pettigrew) and adore the adventure. Discover a blueprint from your old school. Find out beforehand who your crazy old professor will marry. Search for a treasure. Discover a secret artifact. Anything it is possible, as long as you believe that you can do it.
Step 10. Name different groups of people by different names (try to find names that are not offensive)
- Ravenclaw: smarties. People you get along with. A bit shy and studious people.
- Hufflepuff - crazy, unexpected people. People who love to cook. Usually very jovial and full of life.
- Slytherin - People you really can't work with. People you think are crazy about.
- Snape: a teacher who you know hates you but has a deep weakness deep down.
- Death Eaters: natural enemies.
- Voldemort - your only mortal enemy.
Step 11. Decorate your room with Gryffindor furniture
Add scarlet and gold beanbags, Gryffindor flags (usually with red and gold stripes), red sheets, yellow cabinets, and an owl for HP style.
Step 12. Done
Keep repeating these steps until you are a true Gryffindor.
- Be brave. It does not mean that you have no fear, it means facing them.
- Always use your manners and never act conceited.
- Buy all the books and movies when they come out. This will help you study the natural behavior of Gryffindor members.
- Keep your decency.
- Stay relaxed and calm for most of the time.
- Don't pressure Slytherin members or Death Eaters - those qualities made them from that house.