Harley Quinn is a popular character from the Batman comics and animated series. One of his most recent appearances was in the movie "Suicide Squad", where he has tousled hair tied in two ponytails, one pink and one blue. It has a bold, carefree and fun style. Whether you're dressing up as her or wanting to do your hair similarly for fun, there are a number of ways to do it.
Part 1 of 2: Using hair spray dye
Step 1. Brush your hair and then part it in the center
With the tip of a rattail comb, create a well-defined parting. Harley Quinn actually has a tousled style, but it's best to keep it neat at first. Later you will have to mess it up.
Step 2. Create some loose waves
It will be easier to recreate this style if you have wavy or slightly curly hair. If it's straight, use a large curling iron to create loose waves. You can also apply a product to give your hair texture and volume. Don't worry about doing a perfect or neat job.
Step 3. Pin your hair in two ponytails, but leave a few strands loose in the front
Use an elastic to hold each side. The pigtails should be above the height of the eyebrows and slightly behind the ears. Make sure to keep some highlights on the front part free. This is one of the essential parts of Harley Quinn's style.
If you have bangs, it is not necessary to pin it
Step 4. Spray your hair with the dye
For the ponytail on the left, use the blue spray, and for the one on the right, the red or pink. Apply the product from the middle down and be sure to work with small sections. Don't worry about creating straight lines. What's more, a slightly uneven app is great for Harley's styling.
This step can get a bit messy. For this reason, it is a good idea to wear an old shirt or place an old towel on your shoulders. You can also wear plastic gloves
Step 5. Cover the base of each ponytail with a thin strand
Grab some hair from the bottom of the ponytail on the left. Then wrap it around the base to hide the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin. Repeat the process with the ponytail on the right.
- Try to hide the tip of each strand under the ponytail.
- You can also wrap the ponytail on the left with a blue ribbon and the one on the left with a red ribbon. When finished, secure them with bobby pins or double-sided tape.
Step 6. If necessary, card the pigtails
This will depend on how messy your hair got after the steps above and how much volume it is. If it still looks really neat, card the ponytails from the center down. If your hair is very thin, start at the base, where the elastics are.
Step 7. If necessary, complete the style with a setting spray
If your hair is naturally curly or wavy, the dye may help maintain the texture of the style. On the other hand, if you have straight or straight hair, consider applying a little fixative to increase its duration.
Part 2 of 2: Using Hair Chalk
Step 1. Brush your hair and part it in the center
Use the tip of a rattail comb to create the part in the center, from forehead to nape.
Harley Quinn has a tousled style, but this is created in the end. For now, keep the hairstyle more neat
Step 2. Pin your hair in high ponytails and secure them with elastics
Consider that they should be high on the head, above the eyebrows and behind the ears. Use a comb or brush to straighten the hair as much as possible. Also, leave 1 inch (2.5 cm) strands on each side of your head.
Step 3. If you have dark hair, wet it
Chalk can be applied to both wet and dry hair, but the color is most noticeable on light hair. If it is dark blonde, brown or darker, the color will not be as strong if you apply it to the dry surface. In this case, moisten your hair with a spray bottle filled with water and then comb it through.
You only need to wet the lower half of the hair
Step 4. Rub the chalk into each ponytail
You will have to use a strong blue for the one on the left and a pink or red for the one on the right. Start applying the color from the center down. Work in sections 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide at a time.
- If you wet your hair to color it, allow it to dry before continuing.
- This step can be a bit messy, so consider wearing an old t-shirt or draping a towel over your shoulders before you begin.
Step 5. Set the color with an iron or curling iron
Otherwise, the chalk will come off. However, consider that some of the color may remain on your tools. If you're using an iron, be sure to twist it slightly to create loose waves. If you are going to use a curling iron, make sure it is a large one so that the curls are not so defined. This will help set the color of the chalk and prevent it from fading.
If you don't have either option, you can apply a setting spray. It probably won't work as well as a flat iron or curling iron, but it will at least help a little
Step 6. Wrap a few strands around the base of each ponytail
Take some hair from the bottom of a ponytail and cover the elastic and the base of the extension, if you used one. Hold the ends with a bobby pin. Repeat this step with the other ponytail. The dyed highlights will give the impression that you are wearing colored elastics. Try to leave the ends of each strand below the ponytail.
You can also use wide satin ribbons. Secure each one with double-sided tape in place of the bobby pin. Use a blue one for the ponytail on the left and a red one for the one on the right
Step 7. Card the pigtails
This will create a messier look. Do it from the center of each ponytail down.
Step 8. Complete the look with a setting spray
Make sure to concentrate the product on the tips, where you applied the chalk. This will fix the color even more and prevent fading.
- Consider using the flat iron to lightly curl loose strands that fall forward. In this way, they will help to better frame your face.
- If you choose to use the pink color, try to make it a pale shade. In this way, it will appear that it was red, but it has faded. Make sure you don't use a strong, fluorescent, or electric shade.
- To recreate the classic Harley Quinn look, use a black stain or chalk instead of blue.
- You don't have to have blonde hair to dress up as Harley Quinn.
- If your hair doesn't hold its texture for long, consider applying a setting spray.
- Don't worry about having a perfect hairstyle. In general, Harley Quinn's style is messy.
- If you have very short hair, pin it in the ponytails first, then add # 4 extensions at the base of each ponytail. Once you're done, apply the dye.
- The spray dye may have a strong odor. Therefore, use it in a well-ventilated area or turn on the fan in the bathroom.
- If you're trying to imitate Harley Quinn's style in "Suicide Squad," create half a bun with each ponytail.
- If you want to have the colors permanently, you will have to bleach the ends of your hair (if you don't have blonde hair) and then dye them blue and pink, respectively.
- Don't get your hair wet or the color will come off.
- Spray dyes can stain light-colored clothing and hair.
- Wash your hair to remove the dye before going to sleep or you will stain all your bedding.