With her basic black catsuit, bullet bracelets, and fiery red mane, the Black Widow is a striking character. His appearance in Iron Man 2 combines with the strength of his no-nonsense personality and makes for an unforgettable costume that you can easily and inexpensively recreate with a few simple items.
Part 1 of 3: Making the catsuit
Step 1. Find a long-sleeved bodysuit or leotard
These usually fit snugly and are available anywhere from H&M to dancewear stores. A jersey material will work well after you accessorize your look.
You can also wear a long-sleeved black T-shirt. Try to get a V-neck or crew neck T-shirt that fits snugly around your body. Tuck the shirt into your pants to make your look more uniform
Step 2. Wear a pair of skinny pants or black leggings
They should fit you tight. Ideally, they should be leather, but you can still rock the Black Widow look with black jeans.
Step 3. Wear knee-high leather boots
Boots should be black and have three buckles that wrap around the leg at three different heights and either a low or wedge heel.
Step 4. Complete the outfit with a black leather jacket
The jacket should have a front closure and fit snugly. While a leather jacket will look more like the Black Widow look, a faux leather or suede material will do as well.
Part 2 of 3: Add accessories
Step 1. Make bullet bracelets
Pre-made bullet bracelets will not be easy to get as they are an unusual item. However, you can make one yourself in several different ways:
- Purchase a bullet belt from an online retail store (for example, Amazon) or a costume store. Cut it small enough to fit around your hand and glue this smaller section of the belt to a black bangle-style bracelet with super glue. You will need two bullet bracelets, one for each wrist.
- Paint crayons black and gold using spray paint. The color should be gold from the pointed end (where it is colored) to the center of the crayon and black from the center to the flat top. Let the paint dry and glue the crayons to two bracelet style bracelets with super glue. Items that are similarly shaped (such as toy whistles) will also work well when you paint them.
You can get Crayola gold crayons in bulk at an online retailer like Amazon. This will mean that you only have to paint half of the crayon black
Step 2. Get a thigh holster
This accessory adds to the provocative and unique style of the Black Widow. The thigh holster should wrap around your hips, ideally having three holsters, just like in the movie. You can get a thigh holster online by looking for SWAT or Tomb Raider costumes in stores for Halloween.
- You can also look for holsters at a military supply store.
- Alternatively, you could glue a black cell phone case to a black reinforced strap using super glue and tie the strap around your thigh.
Step 3. Get a fake gun
You can get a prop pistol online at an airgun or costume store. A cheaper option would be to buy a toy gun (even a squirt gun) and paint it black.
Step 4. Wear a belt with a buckle
Aside from the thigh holster, Black Widow wears a belt that fits higher than the waist. This is a wide, fabric belt with a single silver quick-release buckle in the center. Amazon sells reinforced law enforcement belts that look like the one Black Widow wears. However, a regular military-looking belt will do.
Step 5. Add fingerless gloves to complete the outfit
You can get a close approximation to the black leather motorcycle gloves worn by the Black Widow at most stores that sell motorcycle accessories. A cheaper option would be to wear fabric fingerless gloves.
Part 3 of 3: Perfecting Hair and Makeup
Step 1. Try on a red wig
There are online retail stores that sell red wigs for around $ 60. Choose a slightly wavy hairstyle so that you look more like the Black Widow.
Step 2. Color your hair
This is more time consuming and more permanent than wearing a wig, but coloring your hair can look more realistic. Black Widow's hair color is burnt red, so try to find a dye that isn't too flashy. The more natural the color looks, the more believable your costume will be.
A good option if you want to wear the costume multiple times in the space of a few days or if you want a temporary makeover is a semi-permanent dye that you can get at a beauty retail store, as it will last between 3 and 6 weeks but will not flake off
Step 3. Apply lipstick
Black Widow uses minimal makeup, so all you have to do to achieve the correct lip color is apply a medium pinkish or peach lipstick. Try choosing a lip color that subtly enhances yours rather than one that is very vivid or looks unnatural.
Step 4. Apply mascara
While Black Widow doesn't wear much makeup, a generous amount of mascara does make her eyes pop. Double-coat your lashes or put on false lashes to enhance your Black Widow look.
- Apply black eyeliner to your eyes for even more definition.
- There are several tutorials on YouTube that could help you guide your eye makeup application. Just search "Black Widow makeup" to get the most relevant results.