Being a pop star means more than just smiling for the camera or going on a fancy vacation. It means putting blood, sweat, and tears into your career to create music that moves people and does your best. It means forgetting what the newspapers say and working hard to make connections, promote yourself, and always take your music and movements to the next level. Do you think you have what it takes to be a pop star? In this article, we will show you how to do it.
Part 1 of 3: Have what it takes
Step 1. Look healthy
One thing most pop stars have in common is looking healthy, at least in their early days. You can take a look at Justin Bieber, early Miley Cyrus, * NSYNC members, Britney on the cover of Baby One More Time, or just about any pop star to see that they all look healthy, have a virginal glow, and a General vibe that they would never do anything wrong except stay a few hours after they are allowed. Although it is complicated by seeing that a dose of sex appeal needs to be added, focus on looking healthy first.
- People want a star they can relate to, not someone who is too fancy or looks like a too bad boy or girl, with whom they have nothing in common. Remind the audience that you are not that different from the guy or girl next door.
- Remember: pop stars tend to attract an audience of teens or even tweens. Do you want parents to agree to send their children to your concerts or don't you?
Step 2. Have sex appeal
To be a perfect pop star, you need to be able to add a layer of sex appeal to your healthy look. You have to be a bit sexy or at least have the potential to look like this if you really want to succeed. It's hard to find a balance between looking healthy and having sex appeal. You need to find a way to show a little skin and maturity without losing self-respect. Think of Britney on the cover of her first album. She was dressed like a schoolgirl while showing her abdomen. Find a way to look a little flirty without looking too grown up.
- Show some skin for your fans to see your sexy side. You don't have to show more skin than you feel comfortable with. You shouldn't get naked just to get people to like you.
- Sex appeal is about much more than just showing your belly or giving a suggestive smile for the camera. It also relates to driving yourself looking confident and happy with how you look and what you have to offer. Stand up straight, look straight ahead, and don't cross your arms over your chest or look unhappy with your physique.
- Part of having sex appeal is mastering the art of flirting. When you talk to people, whether it's interviewers or other stars, you should be a bit playful, suggestive, and funny. Don't let your guard down, but be open to being flirtatious.
Step 3. Have a strong voice
Of course, not every pop star in music history has been blessed with the voice of an angel. If you want your run to last, you need to have strong vocal cords and a good range. You can take singing lessons and work to improve your talent. However, if you start with nothing, it will be difficult to achieve something. Of course, some stars are notorious for their lack of talent, lip-syncing, or using computerized voices, but you want to be better than that. Think of Mariah or Whitney, no one has ever accused them of not having a good voice.
- This will require being honest with yourself and getting some feedback. Ask your friends and mentors to honestly evaluate your talent. If you really think you have what it takes, then you shouldn't let other people discourage you or tell you who you are. However, if everyone tells you that your vocal cords aren't strong, you may need to rethink your plan.
- If you have not reached puberty yet or are in it, keep in mind that your voice can change. Boys with sweet, high-pitched voices before puberty may end up having louder voices after puberty. This does not mean that your voice will get worse, but you must be ready for the change.
Step 4. Be a talented dancer
You don't need to dance like Michael Jackson to be successful. However, having a good rhythm and knowing how to move is helpful. If you have two left feet, don't think this disqualifies you as the next Selena Gomez. The most important thing is to have the will to learn and the rest will happen on its own. You must take dance classes to acquire a basic rhythm and be prepared to work with a dance instructor after reaching stardom. Another necessary thing is to have coordination. You will need to be able to sing and strut on stage at the same time.
The most important thing is to be confident. If your instructor or dance team sees that you are having difficulty, they will work on some steps you can take. If you can do a few simple moves well, you'll be fine. The important thing is to be willing to learn and not be ashamed of stepping out of your comfort zone to achieve greatness
Step 5. Be persistent
Another important part is being persistent. As with any career in the arts, luck and determination are only half the battle. Just because your first attempt to publicize your work or sign with an agent didn't lead to much, doesn't mean you should give up and find another way. On the contrary, you need to be rejected many times to get where you want. Even the biggest stars, like Madonna, started out waiting tables and waiting for their big break. If you really want to continue with this dream, you must be prepared to be rejected.
If you really want to be a pop star, you need to learn to be less sensitive. You have to be sure about who you are and what you have to offer if you want to achieve something or else people will destroy you before you get your big break. If you are sensitive, vulnerable, or self-conscious, then you should work to improve your self-esteem before continuing
Step 6. Be very confident about yourself
Being a star means that you will be criticized for everything from gaining weight to being unfaithful. You must be able to deal with annoying and untrue gossip and treat it as part of the game. If you doubt yourself every time someone questions your fashion choices or your current relationship, you will not be able to succeed. Instead, you must learn to accept praise, learn from constructive criticism, and put the bad aside if you want to succeed. You must love who you are and believe in yourself if you want to succeed.
- It is not a stereotype to say that many pop stars were cast aside in the face of fame. The endless reviews are too much for many of them. This means that you need to have healthy ideas about who you are and what makes you unique before allowing the newspapers to eat you alive.
- Even the most confident stars doubt themselves from time to time. However, starting off low will make it harder for you to stay strong. If you know that you need to work on your safety, you should do it as much as you can before launching into stardom.
Step 7. Prepare to work hard
Some people believe that once you are a successful pop star, you just need to project a big smile, wear nice outfits, and go clubbing. However, real talent takes hard work, and if you're committed to being a staying power star, you need to be able to put in hours every day. It's like having an official job, only more difficult. Often times, you'll need to spend eight hours or more each day recording songs, practicing your dance moves, giving concerts, promoting yourself, maintaining your social media presence, and making sure you're doing your best.
- If you like to sleep in, laze around, or spend most of your time watching TV or hanging out with your friends, possibly being a pop star is not for you.
- If you want to keep growing as a star, you can't settle for anything less than the best. You should not only make sure you perfect your dance steps and lyrics, but also take them to the next level. Your audience won't stay with you if you just produce the same beats over and over again. You have to grow and evolve to make things more interesting and doing it requires work.
Step 8. Have an attractive style
This does not mean that you have to be an attractive person and cut from the same mold, or have a perfect body to be a star. However, it means standing out in some way. Think Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, or Pitbull. Often times, it's more important to have a style that sets you apart and intrigues people and makes them remember you rather than being typically attractive. Therefore, if you do not think you are, you can find something that makes you stand out, be it piercings, clothes with strong colors, heels or a unique hairstyle. You should not force an image that you are not comfortable with, but you should find something that sets you apart.
Pop stars often reinvent themselves over and over again. You can find a style that makes you stand out, but then you need to adapt it to keep things interesting. For example, Lady Gaga is known for her constant changes in hair, style, and overall look
Part 2 of 3: Achieve Your Dream
Step 1. Make as many contacts as you can
If you've got what it takes, then the next thing is to show it off. Being talented, cute, and determined is not enough if you want to succeed. If you want to get anywhere in this world, you must be prepared to promote yourself through your contacts. This may sound mean or untrue, but this is how you should play this game. Take every opportunity you can to meet producers, other artists, dancers, writers, and people with connections in the industry.
- Accept all party invitations, take risks, and be assertive when introducing yourself to new people, without being annoying.
- Swallow your pride and talk to people who you would not normally like to make your name known and will be more likely to make a name for yourself.
- You may feel like it's unnatural to talk to people to let them know who you are, but you shouldn't feel like you're above it. Unfortunately, talent alone is rare, and you will probably have to do extra work if you want to get noticed.
- Today, an important part of networking is having a strong social media presence. Have a Twitter account to tweet daily, create a fan page on Facebook, and stay on top of your website and Instagram account. The sad thing is, if you don't connect online and post often, people may forget you.
Step 2. Apply to talent contests
Applying to talent contests is a great way to venture out and get noticed. You should look for local competitions in your area, which would be a great way to get your name out there and train yourself while you compete with other people. This can be helpful, especially if you live in a small town and want to be successful. However, if you are really committed, then you should move to a big city and audition for bigger contests. The more you expose yourself, the more likely you are to succeed.
Of course, you won't win a big contest the first time you contest. That's not the point. The point is to get used to competing with other people and dare
Step 3. Record your music
If you want to be a pop star, you must record your music. It is not enough to surprise a director of a talent show. If you write your own songs, you should write them and then record them to show the producers what you have. Although making a professional recording can be expensive, you should pay for it or find money to do it in a professional studio so that your recording is as clean and impressive as possible. You can start by recording a single or an entire album if you feel like you have enough material to do so. This is an important step on the road to success.
If you are thinking of recording your music in a professional studio, then you should practice yourself to be prepared when you go to the studio. You don't want to waste your time as traveling to a studio is expensive
Step 4. Send it to the producers
Once your music is recorded, it is important to send it to the producers to start your triumph. If you can connect with an agent before you do it, great. However, if you can't do it, it's important to get it right. Ask around and do your research to send your music to producers who are looking for new talent and working with artists whose work is similar to yours, but not too similar. Make sure you describe yourself well and report that your music is professionally packaged.
- Be persistent. Just because some producers have rejected your work doesn't mean you should stop and not submit your work. Actually, it means you have to try even more.
- If many producers give you the same comments, you have to see if there is any truth in them. If you think there is something you can do to change the sound and make it more appealing to future producers and fans, you should take that leap before submitting it more times.
Step 5. Maintain your presence on the Internet
If you want to achieve your dream, you must have a strong presence online. You can do it before you succeed to show that you have fans and there are people interested in you and your work. You can create interesting content, post once a week to stay up to date, and strive to accumulate hundreds or even thousands of followers. You can post singles on YouTube, have a blog as part of your website, post photos of yourself, and do whatever it takes to make yourself known.
If a producer or agent is interested in you, they may quickly Google you. You want them to see that you are a professional who is already thinking about promoting yourself and has made an effort to reach out to the public
Step 6. Keep studying
Although it is important to achieve your dream, you should not abandon your studies completely. It's important to dream big, but also be realistic, and just in case things don't work out, you'll want to have a backup plan. Whether you stay in school, hire a tutor, or keep up with your studies on your own as you try to succeed, it is important to continue learning in order to continue to obtain an education as you advance in your career.
- You don't want to find yourself college student age without having anything close to a high school education. This is valuable time that will be difficult to recover.
- This does not mean admitting that you will not achieve your dream. It just means being smart about your future.
Part 3 of 3: Live the lifestyle
Step 1. Meet your real friends
If you are lucky enough to succeed as a pop star, then you need to make sure you maintain good common sense. You will find yourself surrounded by new friends and acquaintances whom you would not have met in your daily life. Some of them will be genuine, understanding people, just like you. Others will just be parasites spending time with you for their own benefit. It's important to be slow to trust people, give yourself time to get to know your new friends, and not tell your big secrets when you're just getting to know them. This will help you find people who like you for who you are, not your fame.
- Although it may not seem natural to keep your guard up when meeting new people, it is important to do so to protect yourself. Ask yourself if your new friends are interested in really getting to know you or if they just want to go to fun parties and vacations with you.
- The same applies for new partners. Make sure you date people who want to get to know who you really are, not just want to be seen with you in the newspapers or use you to promote their own clothing line.
Step 2. Prepare to work long hours
Being a pop star isn't just about going on luxurious vacations and tweeting photos in swimwear. It requires hard work, long hours, and a lot of sweat. If you want to succeed, then being a star is a full-time job and there is nothing like a real vacation. Not only will you need to constantly work on your skills, music, and dance moves, but on maintaining a positive public image and reminding people that you matter. If you were truly born for this lifestyle, then you must contribute the necessary hours.
Even when you're at nightclubs, award shows, or parties, you should think of it as work because maintaining a good public image is important. Getting drunk or fighting in public is a bad move for your career and you should strive to maintain your best demeanor all the time because, to maintain a good image, there is no vacation
Step 3. Keep reinventing yourself
While it's important to create an image and remind people how important you are, you can't do the same thing day after day, especially if you grow a lot as you become a pop star. Of course, being an innocent girl or looking like the boy next door is a good way to start, but if you've matured significantly as an artist or are interested in exploring other sides of your talent, it's important to change the game.
- Think Justin Timberlake, who started out as a healthy pop star with bleached blonde curls and is now in the midst of a fantastic R&B career. If you are tired of singing the same old songs, then you must find a new way to be yourself.
- Of course, you have to stay true to something that your fans love about you. Making a complete change in your career, such as switching from country music to rap, can cause you to lose too many fans. Find a way to remain yourself while adding something more dynamic to your routine.
Step 4. Ignore the newspapers
If you are committed to being a pop star, then you must be prepared for all the negativity, gossip, and rumors. People will say the worst and most false things to discourage you and make you doubt yourself, and you must learn to avoid what the newspapers say, whether you are pregnant or in rehab when it is not true. Some celebrities just don't read the newspapers, while others use their social media expertise to fight back. Whatever you decide to do, the most important thing is not to let a bunch of ignorant people get you down or keep you from following your dreams.
Every celebrity, even the most beloved, must deal with gossip and rumors. Think of it as an initiation process. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do to stop people from spreading rumors about you. However, you can control your reaction to all that hatred
Step 5. Stay true to who you are
The hardest part of being a pop star is being able to stay true to who you are. It can seem almost impossible to be when you hear a million voices in your head telling you what to do and who to be. The most important thing is to never forget your initial dream and not end up acting and looking like a complete stranger. At the end of the day, it's all about being happy with the work you've done and influencing your fans in a positive way. Make sure you don't forget who you are before reaching fame and you will be able to stay true to yourself.
- Although making new friends and starting new relationships is an important part of being a pop star, don't forget your family and old friends. They are there to keep your feet on the ground and prevent you from forgetting where you came from.
- Although it can be difficult to find time to be alone when you're a star, it's important to take time to communicate with yourself, keep a journal, and make sure you've reached your goals. If you are constantly surrounded by an entourage and you go from one performance to another, you may not be able to stop for a bit and remember why you wanted to be a pop star in the first place.