Have you ever planned a movie marathon, but got bored in the middle of the second? Do not worry. This article will be your guide to having a successful movie marathon.
Step 1. Determine how many people will be there
It could be a party-type marathon or just for you. If you want a lot of people, be sure to plan ahead and invite them!
Step 2. Think of a topic
Some popular themes are women's movies, horror, or comedy. If you don't want to stick to just one genre, it can be a marathon of your favorite movies.
Step 3. Decide how many movies you will watch
You need to watch at least two movies, otherwise it wouldn't be a marathon. A good number would be four or five, but you can see more if you want it to be an extended marathon. A true movie marathon means watching them for 26 hours, since a marathon covers approximately 26 miles (42 kilometers).
Step 4. Plan when you will start
This depends on how long you want to stay up and how many movies you should watch. Most movies are no longer than two hours, but make sure you know. Therefore, if you go to see five movies and start at 9 p.m. m., you will finish too late unless you want to stay all night.
Step 5. Have snacks
No movie marathon is complete without them. You can't skip the popcorn. Make sure to buy a box or two before the marathon starts. If one of your friends loves sweets, get some like M&M. Common drinks in a marathon are, of course, sodas and juices. Try to have everything before watching the movies. Alcohol may be an entertainment item in the marathon if everyone is old enough to drink and the movies are fun.
Step 6. Consider offering real food
If the marathon is going to last more than 6 hours, your guests may get tired of the snacks and expect a real meal. Determine how you will feed them. Will everyone make pizza or will you take a moment in the middle of the marathon to make hamburgers?
Step 7. Make sure there is enough space where the marathon is to be held
Bring extra pillows and sheets to make it more comfortable.
Step 8. Make it an unforgettable night
Lower the lights and close the curtains to give the effect that you are in a real movie theater. On breaks, put on some music and socialize. Invite several friends so they can get to know each other.
- There could be a break time where everyone has five minutes to do whatever they want.
- Go to the bathroom before every movie. This way, you won't have to go when you see it.
- Make sure you're comfortable and don't have to pause a movie, as this will ruin it.
- Do the marathon in a place where there is enough room for your guests. This way, they won't be too hot or too full.
- Eat classic movie theater snacks like popcorn and soda. Prepare everything before each movie so you don't have to get up or pause.
- If you don't tend to stay awake at night, consider starting your marathon at noon or in the morning. You can watch several movies like this and go to sleep at the same time as always!
- If they are children, create an area for them to relax. Give them drinks like juices and water and food like pizza, popcorn, cotton candy, chocolates, and lollipops.
- Choose to watch a saga, such as Star Wars, rather than movies of different genres.
- If there are babies, make sure you have special food for them and cribs where they can sleep, as this is a movie marathon. Make sure it lasts less than 12 hours or everyone will get fidgety.
- This may make you feel tired the next day.
- Having too many sheets and pillows can put you to sleep.