In this wikiHow, you will learn how to upload a video from your computer, phone, or tablet to a new Reddit post. You can upload the video through the Reddit website or directly through the mobile app.
Method 1 of 2: Use the Official Reddit Mobile App
Step 1. Open the Reddit app on your phone or tablet
The application has a white icon that contains an orange circle with a white robot inside.
- There are many mobile apps that allow you to post on Reddit. This method will cover the official application that you can download from the App Store
(iPhone / iPad) or from Google Play Store
Step 2. Press the "New publication" button
It's the pencil icon inside a circle at the bottom center of the screen. When pressed, a list of publishing options will appear.
Step 3. Press VIDEO
It's the third icon from the left. Tapping it will open the "Post Video" screen.
Step 4. Click the Select a community menu
This option is at the top of the post. Tapping it will bring up a list of the subreddits you've subscribed to and recently visited.
Step 5. Select a subreddit to post to
If you don't see the one you want to post, type its name in the "Search" field at the top of the screen.
Some subreddits do not allow posting videos. If you see a message saying that the selected forum does not allow the publication of videos, you will not be able to share yours there
Step 6. Select or record a video
You can select a video from your gallery or record a new one using the Reddit app's camera. The video must be 1GB or less, and no longer than 15 minutes in length.
- To post a video from your phone or tablet, tap LIBRARY, select the video you want, select a cover image and finally press Choose.
- If you want to record a new video, press CAMERA, record the video, select a cover image and finally press Use video.
Step 7. Write a title
Press the field An interesting title at the top of the post to open the keyboard, and then type the post title.
Step 8. Press the PUBLISH button
This button is in the upper right corner. By pressing it, you will publish the video on the selected subreddit.
Method 2 of 2: Use a Computer
Step 1. Open https://www.reddit.com in your web browser
If you are not yet signed in, click LOG IN in the upper right corner.
- If you didn't choose the Reddit redesign, you can log in by entering your information in the blanks in the upper right corner of the screen and clicking Log in.
Step 2. Click the CREATE POST button
This is a blue button located in the upper right corner of the page. Tapping it will open the new post form.
Step 3. Click the Choose a community menu
This option is in the upper left corner of the new post form. Clicking on it will open a list of the subreddits you have subscribed to.
Step 4. Select the subreddit you want to post to
If you don't see the subreddit you are looking for, you can type a different one in the "Search communities" field.
You can select a subreddit from the drop-down list or type the name of a different one to search for it
Step 5. Click the Image & Video tab
You can find this tab at the top of the new post form.
If you see a red circle with a line through it when you click on the tab, you will not be able to upload a video to that forum
Step 6. Click the UPLOAD button
This button is in the center of the page. Clicking on it will open a pop-up window allowing you to select a video to upload.
- You can also drag and drop the video file on the top of the button UPLOAD. In this way, you can also upload it.
Step 7. Select the video you want and click Open
To do so, you will attach the video to the new post.
The video must be in MP4 or MOV format, 1GB or less, and no longer than 15 minutes
Step 8. Write a title for the post in the "Title" field. This field is at the top of the post
If you don't see it, click Publish.
Step 9. Include a description of the video in the text field
Step 10. Include tags for the video (optional)
Click the tags in the lower left corner of the video if they apply to it. You can select + OC, + SPOILER, + NSFW, or an option from the STYLE menu (if applicable for the subreddit).
- The acronyms in English OC mean Original Content (original content). This means that the video you post is original and not a republication from a different source.
- SPOILER means that the video includes spoilers about crucial plots of a movie or series.
- The acronyms in English NSFW mean Not Safe for Work (not safe for work). This means that the video contains explicit content that would not be appropriate to open in front of other people.
Step 11. Click PUBLISH
It's the blue button in the lower-right corner of the post. Clicking on it will post the video to the selected subreddit.