Aiming is the most basic skill in any FPS (from the English "First Person Shooter", in Spanish "First Person Shooter"). This is only compounded by the fact that the Counter Strike saga is known for being shot to the head by "one tap" on some weapons. This article will teach you some tricks to learn to aim in Counter Strike.
Step 1. Place the crosshair on the enemy's neck when you see him
Aim for the head.
Step 2. Click the mouse to not shoot more than a couple of bullets
It will help you control the recoil in case you shoot (2 or 3 shots) by moving the crosshairs to follow the enemy.
Step 3. Avoid taking a long time to shoot
In case the enemy is an advanced player, you will end up dead if you waste time.
Step 4. Fire bursts from side to side, while you wait for the crosshairs to turn small again
Step 5. Fire when the crosshairs are small again
Step 6. Feel free to run to loot the corpse and look for spare grenades or better weapons when the other one is dead
Step 7. Remember not to reload the weapon until you are sure the enemy is dead and there are no others near you
- Use an M4 or AK as they offer better accuracy and more damage to near or far targets.
- Buy a mouse that you are comfortable with even after using it for a long time.
- Using assault rifles (AK, M4, Galil, FAMAS), you will be able to maintain perfect precision when moving while walking (the default key is "Shift").
- Anticipate where the enemy may be by listening and aiming at the point where the enemy's head will be when it is in your field of vision.
- Always try to shoot a head shot. To do this, first always keep the crosshairs at a reasonable height. For example, when you enter a tunnel, you can guess how high an enemy's head will be if one appears. Second, fire and simultaneously move the crosshairs towards the enemy's head.
- Bullets you fire after the first two or three (depending on the weapon you use) will not go where you are aiming and therefore will be useless.
- Try to position the crosshairs slightly below the point where you want the bullets to hit the enemy, the recoil will make the bullets go higher as you fire.
- Machine gun (fires many times without stopping) at close range if you are not confident in your aiming ability, automatic weapons are better for it.
- When using a sniper rifle, remember to stop, aim, quickly position the crosshairs on the other player, and then shoot.
- If an enemy suddenly appears in front of you in a small space, simply shoot and move away, or flee without wasting time.
- For greater precision, use a lower sensitivity, or mouse DPI.
- The best way to get a kill is to duck while shooting at the enemy.
- Try to use a mouse pad to avoid damaging your desktop and mouse.
- Shoot the enemy when you have good cover to protect you.
- It is better to have a lower sensitivity on the mouse, as you can move the crosshairs to more precise places. If for any reason you have a higher sensitivity set, lower it slowly. For example, lower it every day by 1.0, etc.
- No you shoot when you move. It will cause bullets to move away from where you are aiming (bullets will go anywhere outside the crosshairs!). Shoot while moving only if you are at close range, really at very close range. You can shoot while moving when you move in one direction and suddenly you move in the opposite direction, and you shoot. Doing so will counteract the loss of precision when moving.
- Always reload your weapon before going into battle. You don't want to run out of bullets right after you get a perfect aim, right?
- Play the "Deathmatch" mode, as you will need to learn all types of aiming ways and in which situation to use each one (eg, bursts, taps, strafing, etc.). "Deathmatch" is really good to practice. You will learn to run and cover and hold the position much faster.