Seeing a pretty girl is common. At times, you may see one and have the urge to tell her that you consider her pretty. This can be a very nice gesture. We all like compliments, and when you tell a girl that she's pretty, it can improve her self-esteem. However, it is very important that you do it with good taste. You want to be absolutely sure that it is appropriate and that you do not look like a scary person.
Method 1 of 3: Complimenting the Girl You Like
Step 1. Choose the right place
Your compliment may not be well received if the place is the wrong one. The office, a professional meeting, the classroom, and even a lunch with colleagues are inappropriate situations in which to tell a girl that she is pretty. Doing so in these circumstances will focus a lot of attention on her and could embarrass her, which is not your goal.
- A compliment could also be considered inappropriate if they are in a strictly professional relationship, either from the girl or from coworkers and friends. This could also violate the sexual harassment policy at your workplace.
- Telling a stranger on the streets that she is pretty is something that could be considered harassment, and is likely to be unwelcome. Throwing compliments and whistles are also inappropriate actions.
- The words may be on the tip of your tongue, but think before you say them. Make sure it's the right time and place.
Step 2. Try to get acquainted with the girl
It is important that you have had some interaction with the girl that you are going to tell that she is pretty, even if they have only exchanged a few smiles in the past. This way, she'll have a degree of comfort with you before you tell her she's pretty.
- Your compliment could go wrong if you don't know her very well. She might consider it unexpected and "scary."
- If possible, get to know her a little. Chat casually or make a polite comment before class or at the water dispenser. If you are more daring and work together, sit at the same table with her during lunch to introduce yourself. Talk to him casually.
- Use other social situations to get to know her. It's easier to tell a girl that she's pretty after you've spent time with her and have a friendly relationship. For example, they might talk while waiting for the bus before or after school, at office parties, or during group projects.
Step 3. Plan in advance what you want to say
Without a plan for what you are going to say when you approach her, you are likely to babble, appear confused, and look strange in general. This is not the impression you should give. By planning what you want to say and how to say it, you can better deal with the situation and appear confident and calm.
- Think about how you want to approach the girl at first and start the conversation.
- Think about what makes you consider her pretty, and plan to comment on it in a polite way.
- Don't give him an endless explanation. Keep things short, sweet, and direct.
Step 4. Make your move
A simple "hello" will be enough to start a conversation. Then you can ask him some questions about his person, his day and his plans. If you start with a casual conversation, this will help you feel more secure with her, and that she will feel the same with you.
- Keep calm and be yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not, as you may come off as insincere. Even worse, the girl might think you're joking.
- Pay attention to body language when you speak. Make sure to look her in the eye, rather than elsewhere. This will show her that you are attentive and interested in her and the conversation. Don't lean toward her in an aggressive way; stay a bit out of the way in a relaxed way.
- Also try to read their body language. If he is pointing at you or leaning in your direction a little, this means that his attention is on the conversation and he might be interested.
- Don't be afraid of rejection. Tell yourself you have little to lose if she's not interested. Also, fear will only play against you.
Step 5. Tell her she looks pretty
There are many ways to do this after you have had an initial conversation. The important thing is that you do not mention the compliment abruptly in the middle of the conversation. Instead, wait for a moment of silence.
- Say something like "You look so pretty tonight" or "I just wanted to tell you that you look pretty tonight." Usually it is good to say something simple.
- You could also try to be more witty and come up with your own lines. You can say “I've always thought you have lovely eyes” or an indirect phrase like “Have you done something new to your hair? The way it surrounds your face is very beautiful. "
Step 6. Follow up after the initial compliment
If the girl responds well to your compliment, consider continuing with a few more compliments. Direct your attention to the little things about this person that you find pretty. Maybe it's your eyes, eyebrows, or something else.
- Avoid compliments with sexual content. These will not only make you feel like an object, but they also push the limits of good judgment and education.
- Be authentic with your compliments and don't overdo it.
- Also avoid hackneyed phrases.
Method 2 of 3: Compliment a friend
Step 1. Consider the environment
A short compliment to a friend, coworker, or colleague on her dress or appearance might be acceptable in a professional setting. However, you need to consider the context and their level of mutual comfort.
- It is best to have a close friendship with the girl before complimenting her on her appearance, thus avoiding any possible misunderstandings or complications.
- Today, schools and workplaces are careful to maintain a safe environment and are tough on sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is all "unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other types of verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature."
- Your compliment may be friendly and well-meaning, but someone else may perceive it as unwelcome or aggressive. Check that your friend is comfortable with you.
Step 2. Keep it casual and friendly
Do your best to avoid misunderstandings. Make sure your friend realizes that you are only offering a brotherly, friendly and kind compliment; and do not think that you are interested in something else. Tone and body language are vital.
- Make sure your tone is casual and friendly when you pay her the compliment.
- Consider giving her an indirect compliment, in a way that indicates that she is pretty but without making a direct reference to her appearance.
- Likewise, it is vital that your body language is not aggressive. Don't lean towards her too much and respect her personal space. In other words, don't get too close.
Step 3. Pay the compliment
Let the compliment come out naturally throughout the conversation. Say “I like your new sweater. You look so pretty in him”or“You look so adorable and upbeat today!”
- After you compliment her, go back to your usual activities and keep working.
- This could be a compliment that is not directly focused on appearance: "You light up the room with your smile."
Method 3 of 3: Complimenting a Girl You Date
Step 1. Keep complimenting him
If you are already in a relationship with the girl you love, you need to make sure you continue to compliment her. Don't assume that she knows you consider her pretty. She will appreciate that you tell her from time to time, and it is best if you do it as often as possible.
- "You are so beautiful (pretty, pretty or adorable)" will always work. You can also tell her that she is a goddess or mention something simple like "You are as pretty as you are smart."
- Also focus on different outfits. When your girlfriend wears a new outfit, tell her how good she looks in it.
Step 2. Get creative
Think of different ways to compliment her once a day. When you are in a relationship, just telling your girlfriend she's pretty could turn bland. Fortunately, there are many other ways to compliment her.
- Compliment her on her appearance, but also on her personality, her dress, her scent, and her grooming. Try telling him in your next conversation, “You're right! You are very smart".
- Give more general compliments that reflect how happy you are with her, such as "I'm so lucky to have a pretty girl like you" or "You make me so happy."
- Compliment her in new and different ways. For example, make him a playlist of songs that mean something to both of you.
Step 3. Back up your words with actions
Words are even better if they go hand in hand with gestures. For example, give your girlfriend a gift for no specific reason every now and then to back up all the compliments you've paid her. She will remember your consideration.
You can also leave a note, text her for no special reason, post a comment on her Facebook or Instagram page, or call her unexpectedly. Use your imagination
- Avoid hype. "You are the prettiest girl on the whole planet" is a clear exaggeration and will not come across as sincere.
- Don't be too sexual.
- Don't tell a girl she's pretty while you're drunk. This is terrifying.
- Customize your compliment for the girl. If you know her, you will soon find out what she likes. When you pay her a compliment, tell her that you think she will appreciate it.
- Be very careful with sexual harassment in the workplace. If in doubt, keep your thoughts to yourself.
- Do not make it a habit, he can become pushy and that will annoy him.
- Don't flatter her. That is in very bad taste.
- Do not make her see that you want her to wear little clothes or a bikini (for example, inviting her to the beach or the pool). You will look like a pervert who only wants his body.