If the situation calls for it, you may have to count and spell the numbers in German. It is not a skill that you have to develop, but if you want to learn German, you have to know how to count all the numbers in German.
Step 1. Learn the numbers:
- 0 - null - noll
- 1 - eins - ains
- 2 - zwei - tsvai
- 3 - drei - drai
- 4 - Fri - legit
- 5 - fünf - fiunf
- 6 - sechs - zexs
- 7 - sieben - siiben
- 8 - acht - ajt
- 9 - neun - noin
- 10 - zehn - tseen
- 11 - elf - elf
- 12 - zwölf - tsvolf
- 13 - dreizehn - drai-tseen
- 14 - vierzehn - legit-tseen
- 15 - fünfzehn - fiunf-tseen
- 16 - sechzehn - zex- tseen
- 17 - siebzehn - siib- tseen
- 18 - achtzehn - ajt- tseen
- 19 - neunzehn - noin- tseen
- 20 - zwanzig - tsvan-tsig
- 30 - dreiβig - drei-sig
- 40 - vierzig - legit-tsig
- 50 - fünfzig - fiunf-tsig
- 60 - sechzig - zex- tsig
- 70 - siebzig - siib-tsig
- 80 - achtzig - ajt-tsig
- 90 - neunzig - noin-tsig
- 100 - hundert - hun-dert
200 - zweihundert - tsvei-hun-dert
Step 2. Next, memorize the spelling and pronunciation
Step 3. After that, you should know how to write the "between numbers", such as:
- 21 - einundzwanzig - ain-und-tsvantsig
- 22 - zweiundzwanzig - tsvai- und-tsvantsig
23 - dreiundzwanzig - drai-und-tsvantsig
Einsundzwanzig literally translates to "one and twenty". The idea is that you do this with any of the "between numbers" such as:
- 36 - sechsunddreiβig - zexs-und-drai-sig
- 44 - vierundvierzig - legit-und-legit-tsig
59 - neunundfünfzig - noin-und-fiunf-tsig
- The "z" in German is pronounced like a "ts" in Spanish.
- The "s" in German is pronounced like a "z" in English.
- In German, "ig" at the end of the word is pronounced like a very soft "k".
- Find a German teacher to teach you a little more about this language.
- The "v" in German is pronounced like an "f" in Spanish.
- The esset (β) sounds like an "ss" in Spanish.
- The "1" (one) is written with an accent, making it look like a "7".
- Find a study group and practice the pronunciation and spelling of the numbers.
- The "w" in German is pronounced like a "v" in Spanish.
- Don't mispronounce a number to a native German. You will leave a bad impression on him.
- Do not stress! It takes some time to learn all those numbers.