You are working for a company, you have a fixed schedule and you want to have more income. Starting a business will give you that extra money you are looking for, you do not need to leave your job, there are ways for you to do it while you work for a company without affecting your performance. Your wishes, the resources you have and the time you have will be a guide to know what to undertake.
Method 1 of 3: Create an Internet Business
Step 1. Search for a product or service
Nowadays practically anything can be sold online, from furniture to services, the advantage of this is that a company takes care of collecting your product and sending it directly to the customer's hands.
- Make sure that you can store the product at home and that there is someone to deliver it to the courier company.
- Prints and posters, candles, notebooks made by you or even a bakery are products that you can sell online.
- Services such as online or face-to-face classes, translations, article writing or illustration are also an option.
Step 2. Create your online store
This will be the site where people will see what you sell, there are currently many providers of this service, just look for one and register to create your store, it is a very simple process.
- Kichink is a highly recommended option, they do not charge you monthly, you only pay 3% to 5% of the total sale.
- You will need a bank account which you will link to your store.
- Make an account in PayPal or any other online money transfer service, it is important for you to make payments there.
- If you are a writer, Amazon is an option for you to sell your book, you can make a digital version and upload it, when you earn money you make the printed version.
Step 3. Publish your products
Since you know that you are going to sell then it is time to advertise, social networks are an excellent tool and give you the advantage of being able to do it from the comfort of your computer. In some cases, you can link your store to these networks.
- Take quality photos, white or some neutral color in the background of the photo helps to highlight the product. You will need 3 or 4 photos of it.
- Facebook and Instagram are the most recommended options to promote the product or service you sell, create a specific page of your store on these social networks.
- If you dedicate yourself to the service area, the investment you will require will be very low.
Step 4. Write a blog
Especially if what you sell in your online store are services, a blog will help you create a loyal audience base that will follow your advice and from time to time will buy something from your store. Also, the people who follow you will advertise if they like what you write.
- Try to write at least 3 weekly entries, they can be short, you don't need to extend yourself too long.
- Illustrate your blog, people enjoy reading more when there are photos or graphics.
Method 2 of 3: Entrepreneurship with a friend
Step 1. Partner with someone you trust
Having someone to collaborate with you in the task of undertaking has its advantages, but it is important that you manage to agree with your friend or family member since the success of the company depends on it. Your partner can also take care of the business while you work, clarify the conditions of the partnership from the beginning.
Talk to your partner and leave the agreement in writing, define the tasks that he will perform and how his work will be compensated
Step 2. Establish a business idea
Working in partnership broadens the range of possibilities, what to do will depend on your skills and those of your partner, as well as the capital they have. A store, a restaurant, even a small one, or an office requires the presence of a person, your associate can take care of it at first.
Home construction is a great business idea, partner with an architect, so he can take care of the details, the only condition is that you require a lot of capital
Step 3. Incorporate a business
An important step that you must take if you want to grow, in addition to being a legal way to leave all agreements in writing and with due clarity. Some businesses start from informality, without constituting anything, so when things fail, there are also many conflicts, since no one wants to take on the responsibilities that correspond to them.
When forming a company you must know the types of companies that exist, the basic one is the Society in Collective Name, where the name of the company goes according to that of one of the partners
Step 4. Apply for a loan
This is in case the business you undertake requires more capital than you can contribute out of your pocket. Also, if you need extra staff, you will have the solvency to pay their salaries in a timely manner.
- There are credit options for starting businesses and for those that are already underway.
- Prepare a very detailed business plan.
- Approach a business incubator to guide you in obtaining credit.
Method 3 of 3: Entrepreneurship on weekends
Step 1. Identify a place to sell or provide a service
Parks, fairs and bazaars are ideal places to start on the weekends. It is important that you locate a place of these near the area where you live and check if the number of people who attend justifies having a place to sell something.
- Take a walk and do an inspection by eye, check the type of population that attends, if the majority are children or the elderly.
- Identify the potential of the site based on what is sold in the place, if you think something is missing then it is your opportunity to propose the novelty.
Step 2. Check local legislation
Maybe you need some special permission and pay fees to be able to sell in the park, fair or bazaar. Go to your local town hall or delegation and ask about the requirements to acquire this permit.
Permits are required when you are going to set up a temporary position
Step 3. Create your weekend business
Since you have inspected the place and learned about its possibilities, it is time to start your imagination and get to work. Make your business plan, check what material you need in addition to equipment, tools and enough money to invest. Put a price on your product or service and start selling.
- Be flexible and patient, at the beginning you will sell little or nothing but that is how it is to undertake, you will also have to make adjustments in your idea and in your plan as you go.
- The Emprendedores.es site offers you a lot of advice in case it is your first experience as an entrepreneur, take them into account.
- Selling food on weekends is a very lucrative option, many people take advantage of these days to eat out.
- Art and crafts tries to sell them in a bazaar specialized in these items, the people who go to them go with the intention of seeing and buying either of them.
- Remember that advertising on social networks should have little text, a maximum of 20% of the image, otherwise it will be rejected.
- The entrepreneur must know his work environment; Through external analysis it is possible to know the market, the development of the sector, as well as its economic, political, social, or technological characteristics; In addition, you can meet competitors, suppliers, distributors, public institutions, etc. In this way, the attractiveness degree of a sector can be identified, as well as the opportunities and threats that must be faced.