Math can be very hard. You may at some point feel overwhelmed and decide that you need to cheat on your next math test. Keep in mind, however, that if you do so and get caught, you could suffer serious consequences. What's more, if you copy you won't learn anything. In fact, the time it takes to read about copying, you could spend studying for that test that worries you. However, there are a few ways to cheat on a math test if you've decided that this is the path you want to take. The techniques for copying have evolved a lot; there are many options other than looking at the next-door buddy's test.
Method 1 of 3: Use Technology
Step 1. Program your calculator
Create a schedule the day before the exam. Write formulas or notes to copy using the "program" function of your calculator.
However, keep in mind that many teachers review calculator programs before the exam. To avoid problems, you can enter the annotations also using the variable button (S-VAR) in one of the 10 series in the list. By putting the notes to copy into different sections of the calculator, the teacher will have a harder time locating them if he tries
Step 2. Send a text message via mobile phone to a friend
Short message the question to a friend you trust who is good at math. It is advisable to choose someone who is not taking the same exam as you, so that they can send you the formulas and the answers you ask for without problem.
Step 3. Send a text message via mobile to a tutoring service
Try using a service to contact a math tutor via mobile phone. You can send the questions through text messages or emails with photos.
- They usually take about 10 minutes to answer. If you think you need a faster response, contact the service in advance to make an appointment.
- You can download Android applications to use this service. With iPhone and other brand phones, you can also use the service, even without having the application.
Step 4. Use the PhotoMath application on your phone
This application works by quickly solving the equations through a photograph.
- This application is especially useful if you have to write the resolution of the problem in the exam, since it offers the option to see all the steps instead of showing only the answer.
- This application is not only for copying, but it is also practical for studying. You can use it as a learning tool to understand step-by-step math problem solving.
Step 5. Look up the answer to the question on the Internet
You can use a search tool like Google or, better yet, enter your question at WolframAlpha.com. Wolfram Alpha is a computational knowledge engine. In other words, this website answers questions using its data source. Unlike other standard search tools, this page gives you an answer directly, rather than a list of pages where you could find the answer.
Keep in mind that using a mobile phone is not very discreet to copy. If you opt for this option, you run a greater risk of being caught, since teachers and proctors are often vigilant to detect the use of phones during the exam. In many exams, in fact, you will be asked to keep your mobile phone in your backpack or to leave it when entering class, so this method will not help you in such cases
Method 2 of 3: Use Other People
Step 1. Whisper or exchange notes
Making contact with a friend during the exam is a traditional way of cheating, but it carries a high risk. On most exams, whispering, talking, and passing notes between students is not allowed. Also, it is very easy to get caught from a distance.
Step 2. Use the tapping method
This method is an updated version of Morse code that consists of communicating with another person through predetermined signals.
- Find a friend in your class who is a good partner to carry out this method. Ideally, it should be someone who is not sitting very far from you (if he is next to you, the better) and who has mastered the subject.
- Develop a tapping code. For example, 5 strokes to express the number 5. If the number is 2647, hit the pencil on the table 2 times, stop for about 3 seconds, hit it again 6 times, and so on. If it is a multiple choice test with several options corresponding to different letters of the alphabet, try coding A, B, C, D and E as 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 strokes respectively.
- You can also try different versions of this method operating on the same principle. Instead of hitting the table, cough or sneeze to communicate a response. You can also use sign language (especially your fingers) to communicate with a friend.
Step 3. Divert the teacher's attention
Ask a friend to distract the teacher in some way while you copy (or vice versa). Your friend, for example, may pretend to be unwell to prevent the teacher from directing his attention exclusively to him. In this way, you will save some time to consult the notes or other help tools that you have prepared to copy.
Method 3 of 3: Use your body and objects in your environment
Step 1. Use a ballpoint pen or pencil
Get a ballpoint pen or pencil that can be unscrewed and filled with notes. You can use any pen that can be opened and has a replaceable ink cartridge. Empty the pen, write small notes that you can roll up tight, and insert them.
- You can use a mechanical pencil.
- You can also use a pen with messages inside. There are pens with a small window through which you can see the messages inside, which can be rotated thanks to a button on the base.
- You can also buy a special pen that contains a roll of paper inside to be able to remove it and hide it again.
- You can take your notes out when you take a bathroom break. In this way, the risk of getting caught will be much lower.
- Get rid of any notes or annotations that you have taken to copy. Once you have finished copying, get rid of your notes, preferably using a trash can away from the class where you took the test. If you throw them directly into the classroom trash, tear up the paper well to remove the clues.
Step 2. Wear your shoes
Tape the annotations to the inner sole of your shoes using tape. During the test, put your feet on top, lifting the inner canthus, and turn your head down at such an angle that you can see the notes. Try to be discreet when you do. Pretend you are stretching your neck.
You can put notes or notes inside the shoes and take them out when you need them. However, you should keep in mind that it is difficult to get marks from shoes during an exam without attracting attention. This method can work if you have a chance to take a bathroom break
Step 3. Write notes on the clothes
Write formulas and other helpful information on the inside of your sleeves (or on the inside of the sleeve cuffs). Put a sweater over your shirt if you use this method. This way, you won't be too conspicuous when you roll up the first layer to see the notes written on the inside of the second.
You can also stick pieces of paper to the inner lining of a hood or hat
Step 4. Write on parts of your body
Using an ink tone similar to your skin, write notes on your ankles, legs, arms, and hands - basically, anywhere that is visible to you but not too obvious to an outside eye.
You can also try wearing shorts or a skirt and writing the formulas just above the line that is covered by the hem. Raise the hem of the garment slightly if you need to refer to something, then lower it again. Teachers and supervisors may be embarrassed or embarrassed to draw your attention if they see you copying in this way because they would have to check somewhat intimate areas of your body
Step 5. Write at the desk
Write notes in pencil on the desk, and once you're done, erase them well to remove any clues that might give you away.
Step 6. Use masking tape
Write your formulas on masking tape, place the tape on your leg, put another piece of tape on top so that the ink does not run, voila! This works best for people with long pants or skirts.
- Studying is the best thing you can do to successfully pass an exam.
- Remember that all the questions in an exam are designed so that you can demonstrate the work you have done. There are very few copying methods that are effective in giving you all the information you need, so it is always wise to study.