Erections are a totally healthy and normal part of life. However, if you've pitched a tent but aren't camping, this can be embarrassing. Learn how to avoid embarrassment by dressing properly, covering up the evidence, and making your erections go away quickly.
Part 1 of 3: Avoid embarrassment
Step 1. Wear underwear and pants that fit well
If you wear clothes that fit your body correctly, erections don't have to be embarrassing. You can prevent erections from being obvious and even prevent them from happening by wearing the right underwear and pants. Wearing boxer shorts and tight pants will make you stand out.
- Tight underwear and pants can make your erection more noticeable and difficult to go away. It is also more difficult to manipulate once it happens.
- Similarly, boxer briefs and athletic shorts can make it very difficult to cover an erection as they are too loose.
Step 2. Wear dark pants
Dark pants show less contrast than light pants. Therefore, if you have an erection and you are wearing white jeans, it will be much more evident than if you are wearing dark colored pants. If you are concerned about having erections that you cannot control, wear pants in dark blue, black, or other dark colors.
Step 3. Wear long shirts
If you have a shirt that extends above your waist, it will be easier to cover your erection in case of an emergency. Large t-shirts, jackets, or sweaters can be very helpful when you're struggling with your hormones.
Carry something in your backpack or locker that you can use in an emergency. If you have a classic sweater on hand, you can always wear it over your shirt in case of an emergency
Step 4. Avoid sexual stimuli
It's hard to do, but the more you can keep your mind off them, the less likely you are to have an unwanted erection. If you don't want to have an embarrassing lump, don't think about sex or look at sexual images.
Again, in some situations it is difficult to avoid sexual stimulation, and erections do not always happen when you have a stimulus. Sometimes your body just doesn't cooperate because your hormones are so rampant. That is totally normal
Step 5. Relax
Having erections is perfectly normal, although it can be embarrassing when you are in public or in a delicate situation. If you feel like you are going to have one, try to clear your mind and not get too excited. The most important thing to keep in mind while fighting is that there is nothing wrong with you and that it is best to stay calm.
Part 2 of 3: Cover the Evidence
Step 1. Sit down
If you're on your feet and have an erection, it can be pretty obvious. If you want to cover it up, try to sit up and cross your legs if necessary. This can help you make some room in your pants (if they are too tight) and make your situation less noticeable. Bending your knees usually creates a bit of space between your pants.
- If you are in public, try to sit anywhere (although a chair with arms would be ideal). A reclining chair that you can "sink into" would be perfect, but generally any type of chair will get you out of trouble.
- If possible, just go to a bathroom or your bedroom to do some repairs. Both are good options for hiding places.
Step 2. Move it around
Depending on your body, it may be more or less comfortable to move the evidence somewhere where it is less visible. If you can, try to move your erection with your hand or move your hips in the least noticeable way possible.
- Move it to point up or down along the zipper line. The zipper on the pants creates a kind of natural bulge anyway, so it will be less visible if you can deflect your erection in that direction.
- If your erection is oriented to the sides, it will usually be more obvious and uncomfortable. Try to move it up or down if possible.
Step 3. Use a book or backpack to cover your lap
If your erection is still visible and you need to cover it up to save yourself a bit of embarrassment, simply put something in front of or on your lap.
- If you are in school or a similar place and you have an erection, look at your watch. How long do you have until you have to move?
- If you are in the pool, use a towel. Lie back in a beach chair or on the sand until it disappears.
Step 4. Wait
Try to divert your mind from what's going on down there and think about something else while you wait. Even the toughest erections go away after a couple of minutes, usually without doing anything about it.
If you can't make it go away by waiting, go to the next section to learn a few more techniques
Part 3 of 3: make erections go away
Step 1. Exercise
If you want your erection to go away, start doing something physical. Go outside, do some exercise for a while and you will notice that the erection will go away quickly, usually faster than if you wait. Burn some fat in your muscles and it will go away, as your body needs blood elsewhere.
- Lie on your stomach and do ten pushups quickly. Then, try to do 30 to 40 sit-ups. Usually this will suffice. If you prefer, you can also run.
- Sometimes simply focusing your attention on a sport or game can also help. Keep exercising to keep your body working and get rid of that frustration.
- Erections while in a bathing suit can be really embarrassing. If one happens to you in the water, start swimming along the pool.
Step 2. Eat something
Eating a meal will help your body focus its attention elsewhere. Eating causes blood to flow to your digestive system, helping to process food and convert it into energy. Try eating some seeds, oatmeal, or citrus fruits to improve blood flow and get your body busy in other ways.
Step 3. Take a hot shower or bath
While a "cold shower" is common advice for a hot-headed teenager, cold temperatures can actually promote sperm production, while hot temperatures can actually make you less fertile at the moment. While this doesn't necessarily have any effect on your erection, it can help you in the long run. A bathroom of any kind is a good idea.
Step 4. Think of something disgusting or complicated
Have you heard of that old joke that a man only has enough blood in his body to run either his brain or his penis, but not both? Well, there is some truth to it. If you can't do something active to suppress your erection, try doing any of the following:
- Think about the true nature of being. Think about what happens when one dies.
- Solve this problem in your head: (1567 x 34) (143 - 56).
- Imagine old people having lunch in a nursing home.
- Try to write a Petrarchan rhyming sonnet.
- Imagine eating raw jellyfish.
- Read Aristotle.
- Do a sudoku puzzle or a crossword.
- Remember the time you stepped on dog poop in bare feet.
Step 5. Gently pinch your leg
If you can't do anything else to get rid of your erection, you can try causing yourself an extremely mild but noticeable amount of physical pain. Squeeze your muscle firmly to cause a distracting sensation and draw your attention to focus on something else. Just do it for a second or two and then stop if it doesn't work. Try another method.
- Never, under any circumstances, try to harm or cause pain to your genitals to make the erection go away. It is something perfectly natural and normal that happens to your body and it will disappear as time goes on.
- If you have to give your body some sensation to get rid of an erection, there is nothing wrong or unhealthy with occasional masturbation. Rest assured that your erection will disappear once you finish.
- Wear long shirts that reach your waist to hide your bulge.
- Don't think too much about your erection.
- Read a book (or article) or play games online… whatever gets your attention!