The cities of Miami and New York are located on the east coast of the United States, so there are many opportunities to travel between the two. A lot of New Yorkers tend to spend time in Miami, especially during the winter. Similarly, many Miami residents have friends and family in New York. In addition, many businesses and companies have their headquarters in both cities, so, without much effort, frequent trips are made between them. You can travel from Miami to New York by plane, train, bus or car.
Step 1. Calculate how much money you have and how much time you have before traveling
Before you know how you will travel from Miami to New York, you will need to decide when you want to travel and arrive at your destination and, if you wish, when to return. In addition, you should also make a budget for the expenses necessary for the trip.
Step 2. Fly from Miami to New York
Unless you're afraid of airplanes, flying is the fastest and easiest way to travel from Miami to New York. The costs of the roundtrip flights vary, depending on how close you are to the departure date, between $ 200 and $ 600, if you book the flight late.
- Check out the Internet sites that offer discounts on the cost of airline tickets, such as Orbitz, Kayak and Expedia; You can also call the airlines directly. The largest with frequent flights between Miami and New York are: American, Delta, Continental, U. S. Airways and United.
- Choose a direct flight from Miami International Airport (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), which is about 30 miles (48 kilometers) from Miami. Fly into either of New York's two main airports, John F. Kennedy, located on the outskirts of the city, in Queens, and LaGuardia Airport (LGA), also there. Likewise, you can find direct flights to other parts of New York. Keep in mind that an uninterrupted flight usually takes around three hours.
- If you prefer to travel on flights with shorter sections, choose one that has a stopover somewhere else. Atlanta is the fastest connecting city on the route between Miami and New York. This trip lasts approximately five hours, although it may take longer, depending on the length of the stopover.
Step 3. Take a train between Miami and New York
Amtrak has train routes between the two cities, called The Palmetto and The Silver Service; remember that you will probably need to change trains in Washington D. C. Some trains make the trip directly, which takes between 28 and 31 hours. One-way tickets cost about $ 130 and trains have room and dining services.
Step 4. Take a bus from Miami to New York
It has a cost similar to that of a train ticket, so you can take a Greyhound bus between both cities. The trip takes about 32 hours, you can travel directly or make a stop in cities such as Richmond, Virginia or Orlando, Florida. If you book your ticket three or more weeks in advance, you can get a one-way ticket for less than a hundred dollars. Otherwise, it will cost you around $ 130..
Step 5. Drive from Miami to New York
If you want to travel at your own pace and enjoy the sights and scenery along the way, consider driving between the two cities. The distance is 2,055 kilometers (1,227 miles); remember to head north on Interstate 95. Your trip should take between eighteen and twenty hours, depending on how much traffic there is and how often you stop. If you can rent a car, make sure it has unlimited mileage.
- Consider incorporating different forms of travel throughout your tour, if you want a bit of variety. For example, you can drive during a segment of your trip and then take a plane. If you want to see some other cities, you can ask a travel agent for help with your plans or you can always go to the following links, if you prefer faster information: tripadvisor.com and google.com.
- Buy your tickets and make your reservations as soon as you can. If you do, you will get lower prices.